Focal Point
[SHARING] Weird WF8 Errors

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4807027086

February 11, 2016, 03:57 AM
Waz
[SHARING] Weird WF8 Errors
I thought that I would post this, and perhaps any others that have encountered weird WF8 errors can post in here too.

This error we encountered in WebFOCUS 8.1.04 was :

WebFOCUS Error (1059)

Unregistered error.


The issue was that we had made a call to an HTML page without supplying the page name, just the location.

The underlying cause was a -SET statement that was coded badly, the IF did not have an ELSE and caused the file name to be blank.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 11, 2016, 10:34 AM
CoolGuy
Thanks Waz!


8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
February 11, 2016, 11:50 AM
Ian Dalton
We also are getting funny things happening with 8.1.04.....We are finding that characters are getting dropped off output from when we run the following code:-

-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-DEFAULT &DIRNAME1 = 'PROD';
-DEFAULT &DIRNAME2 = 'DEV';
-RUN
-SET &WFAPPL1 = 'D:\&DIRNAME1.EVAL';
-SET &WFAPPL2 = 'D:\&DIRNAME2.EVAL';
-RUN
-TYPE &WFAPPL1
-TYPE &WFAPPL2
-RUN

The \ symbol is dropped.
If you replace the -DEFAULT with -SET it works perfectly as expected.


_______________________
*** WebFOCUS 8.1.05M ***
February 11, 2016, 12:06 PM
Ricardo Augusto
I got this on 8.1.05

-TYPE D:\PROD
D:\PROD
-TYPE D:\DEV
D:\DEV
-RUN


WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
February 11, 2016, 12:22 PM
Ian Dalton
Yes it works fine in 8.1.05 but not 8.1.04 !!
Obviously they spotted the bug and fixed it.


_______________________
*** WebFOCUS 8.1.05M ***
February 11, 2016, 01:40 PM
Ricardo Augusto
I am facing this http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/6537027086


WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
March 08, 2016, 11:42 PM
Waz
Here is another weird error.

We were getting XML showing this
<ibfsrpc _jt="IBFSResponseObject" language="EN" localizeddesc="Reporting Server Error Error:Server console error." name="runItem" returncode="6000" returndesc="IBFSException 6000: Error:Server console error." subreturncode="0" subsystem="SSYS" type="simple">
<ibfsparams size="4">
<entry key="comp_pass" value="****"/>
<entry key="args" value="__null"/>
<entry key="path" value="IBFS:/WFC/Repository/blah/blah/myfex.fex"/>
<entry key="comp_user" value="__null"/>
</ibfsparams>
<ibfserrorvalues size="3">
<entry key="edaNode" value="MyNode"/>
<entry key="MSG" value="Error:Server console error."/>
<entry key="itemName" value="IBFS:/WFC/Repository/blah/blah/myfex.fex"/>
</ibfserrorvalues>
</ibfsrpc>


From looking at the XML, it seems that the fex does not exist or is not published.

The fex existed and is published, and could be run by an administrator.

Ended up the cause was lack of disk space on the server. Eeker


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

August 16, 2016, 08:54 AM
Mike in DeLand
I have one. Today I started getting the 1059 error on one of my portals. This was on a pie chart. We have several different clients, all using the same set of reports, with different parameters. Only 1 of the clients was getting the error, and only on data that was collected yesterday. I combed through the data, and could not find anything that might cause a strange error. On my graph, I have a command SUM CNT.thefield AS ' ' (note 2 spaces in the AS). On a whim, I removed one of the spaces, and now the thing works.


Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux