Focal Point Banner


As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.

What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.

During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.


Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Weird WF8 Errors

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Weird WF8 Errors
 Login/Join
 
Expert
posted
I thought that I would post this, and perhaps any others that have encountered weird WF8 errors can post in here too.

This error we encountered in WebFOCUS 8.1.04 was :

WebFOCUS Error (1059)

Unregistered error.


The issue was that we had made a call to an HTML page without supplying the page name, just the location.

The underlying cause was a -SET statement that was coded badly, the IF did not have an ELSE and caused the file name to be blank.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

 
Posts: 6349 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz!


8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
 
Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We also are getting funny things happening with 8.1.04.....We are finding that characters are getting dropped off output from when we run the following code:-

-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-DEFAULT &DIRNAME1 = 'PROD';
-DEFAULT &DIRNAME2 = 'DEV';
-RUN
-SET &WFAPPL1 = 'D:\&DIRNAME1.EVAL';
-SET &WFAPPL2 = 'D:\&DIRNAME2.EVAL';
-RUN
-TYPE &WFAPPL1
-TYPE &WFAPPL2
-RUN

The \ symbol is dropped.
If you replace the -DEFAULT with -SET it works perfectly as expected.


_______________________
*** WebFOCUS 8.1.05M ***
 
Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I got this on 8.1.05

-TYPE D:\PROD
D:\PROD
-TYPE D:\DEV
D:\DEV
-RUN


WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
 
Posts: 272 | Location: Brazil | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes it works fine in 8.1.05 but not 8.1.04 !!
Obviously they spotted the bug and fixed it.


_______________________
*** WebFOCUS 8.1.05M ***
 
Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I am facing this http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/6537027086


WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
 
Posts: 272 | Location: Brazil | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is another weird error.

We were getting XML showing this
<ibfsrpc _jt="IBFSResponseObject" language="EN" localizeddesc="Reporting Server Error Error:Server console error." name="runItem" returncode="6000" returndesc="IBFSException 6000: Error:Server console error." subreturncode="0" subsystem="SSYS" type="simple">
<ibfsparams size="4">
<entry key="comp_pass" value="****"/>
<entry key="args" value="__null"/>
<entry key="path" value="IBFS:/WFC/Repository/blah/blah/myfex.fex"/>
<entry key="comp_user" value="__null"/>
</ibfsparams>
<ibfserrorvalues size="3">
<entry key="edaNode" value="MyNode"/>
<entry key="MSG" value="Error:Server console error."/>
<entry key="itemName" value="IBFS:/WFC/Repository/blah/blah/myfex.fex"/>
</ibfserrorvalues>
</ibfsrpc>


From looking at the XML, it seems that the fex does not exist or is not published.

The fex existed and is published, and could be run by an administrator.

Ended up the cause was lack of disk space on the server. Eeker


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

 
Posts: 6349 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I have one. Today I started getting the 1059 error on one of my portals. This was on a pie chart. We have several different clients, all using the same set of reports, with different parameters. Only 1 of the clients was getting the error, and only on data that was collected yesterday. I combed through the data, and could not find anything that might cause a strange error. On my graph, I have a command SUM CNT.thefield AS ' ' (note 2 spaces in the AS). On a whim, I removed one of the spaces, and now the thing works.


Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
 
Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

Read-Only Read-Only Topic

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Weird WF8 Errors

Copyright © 1996-2020 Information Builders