Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] WF 7.14 with Oracle 10g

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] WF 7.14 with Oracle 10g
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Does anyone know of any problems running WebFOCUS 7.1.4 with Oracle 10g? My company upgraded from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and my reports did not work. We went back to Oracle 9i. All we did was uninstall 9i, then install 10g. I made no other changes.

The error was --
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
(FOC1488) SQL INTERFACE HAS NOT BEEN INSTALLED OR COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED
(FOC1479) ERROR CONNECTING TO SQL DATABASE

Thanks,
Raelene

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Raelene
Prod: WF 7.1.4 OS: Windows 2003 Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 31 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: September 11, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We connected through Oracle 9 client to 10g

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Raelene, could you please update your profile signature to include your operating system and release information.

But to your question, there is a release/compatibility matrix available from the IBI Tech Support main page. This should always be checked when upgrading anything. Here is a link for your release and Oracle:
http://techsupport.information..._adp_714_Oracle.html
According to this page, 10g is supported. Did you remove and re-add the adapter? Are the Oracle environment variables pointing to the new Oracle client software on your WebFOCUS server? When you open the adapter page in the reporting server web console, do a Properties on the Oracle connection. Make sure you can do a successful test and that the environment information in the lower half of the page looks correct to you.

You may have to open a case.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I've updated my profile signature. I wasn't sure what the Outputs were supposed to be.

It has been three years since I've touched the admin part (we've frozen the version) and I totally forgot about the Oracle adapter. We had checked the environment variables and they were correct. Thanks for the reminder on the adapter.

We no longer have maintenance support via IBI so getting to the tech support page will probably not be available to me.

I will try and create a new adapter for 10g. Thanks again for the response.

Raelene

Posts: 31 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: September 11, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why you should keep up your maintenance. I'll leave it at that.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
If you upgrade to Oracle 10g then you must remove and recreate the adapter as 10g in WebFOCUS,
unless you also have the 9.2 client installed (not really recommended on the same machine)

In actual fact you should get away with editing edaserve.cfg and changing the Oracle entries so that they look like this

ora_access = y
ora_rel = 10
ora_oci = y

This allows it to pick up the correct binaries for the adapter. (You will need to restart WebFOCUS using this method)

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I agree with the maintenance response from Darin. I warned the management what might happen and I am the sole support person but they opted to drop the maintenance. So I definitely appreciate all your responses.

JG, thanks for the extra info. That is good to know. I will try the 10g install and remove/create the adapter again.

Thanks.

Raelene

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they will never need to upgrade to the next version of Oracle (Ha!) And since you're the sole support person of course it will be your fault when nothing works after the upgrade. Good Luck and condolences.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post