Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Copying fex's between users

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Copying fex's between users
 Login/Join

posted
I have a need to manually copy "template" fex's into multiple user's "My Reports" area within BID.

While I can easily copy the fex into the user folder, I know that I need to modify their html file within basedir to add the report entry.

I know that I can do this from within DevStudio, but I need to be able to execute a copy of this type from a unix script, or java servlet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andy Bass,

Version: WebFocus 7.6.11
Platform: Linux
Output: All output

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to automate the copy process via UNIX script instead of manually copying from developer studio?

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's essentially what I need to do.

Version: WebFocus 7.6.11
Platform: Linux
Output: All output

posted Hide Post
Why don't user just put the report as shared, then other users can themself make a copy of the report under their own MyReports?

This way you won't have to "play" with the htm files.

WF 7.6.11 HF4 gen34, WF 7.7.03 gen 253,
Windows 64 bit
Excel, PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
If Martin's excellent idea doesn't float your boat and you really have to do this, then I would suggest having a look at a User's HTML file (using a text editor) and determine what the components are. Then formulate your method to apply the necessary HTML tags.

I suggest this way because, ultimately, you have to take the responsibility of things going pear shaped and in sorting out the problems that you might encounter whilst doing this. It is not sopmething that I would recommend and I am sure that IB would say that you are on your own if you choose to continue.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Andy, as Tony rightly pointed out, this will be your responsibility if it goes wrong.

However, the principle to do this is very simple and is something that I have also been obliged to do from an external java program using web services. It does work and no reason why an AJAX call could not be used either.. You need to know the actual htm file name and folder for the user. This can be obtained from user.htm. Also the Domain if you have multiples.

Copy the fex to the users basedir directory and add the required line into the users htm file. Off the top of my head it's in the #olapcustomreports section within the domain. The MRFLAGS need to be set if you are to use tools like infoAssist etc., but the other info, such as created by, is not required.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post