Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]linking run button to fex and passing variables in portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]linking run button to fex and passing variables in portal
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I have created a html page using html composer and kept it in a panel in portal, now I want run a fex on clicking run button, fex should run in another panel using passed parameters from html page.

Thanks,
Darshan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darshan Patil,

Posts: 10 | Location: Bangalore | Registered: July 31, 2018Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Darshan

I'm not sure which version you are using but on the techsupport site under the technical content area choose the version of WebFOCUS you are using and the Reporting Tools manual will provide you the information on how to do this.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I am using version 8104.

In html page I am selecting country car and model in chained listbox through run button I am displaying the details of selected values. now I want to display result in new panel in same page of BI portal, can you tell me how to pass parameters and link run button to panel2.

Thanks,
Darshan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darshan Patil,

Master
posted Hide Post
Check out how to use the Tasks & Animations Panel

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Hallway,
I want to run it in BI portal not in AppStudio

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Darshan

In order to do what you want you have to develop the html form with App Studio and then you can put it on a tab within the BI Portal. It is a two step process.

In the html composer you will have to use the requests and Data Sources tab to register the fex you want to run and then the tasks and annimations tab to choose how to run it. The documentation I pointed you to will guide you through this.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post