Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Variable Fields in Hold File [closed]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Variable Fields in Hold File [closed]
 Login/Join

posted
In this closed discussion...
http://forums.informationbuild...331%2Fm%2F4997091226
...there's the following code, whoich I have tried running (v.8006) and I get the error "Cannot include resource specified FIELDS". Has something changed?
I'm still fairly new to this webfocus world so apologies if the answer is staring me in the face.

Thanks

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
SALES
RETAIL_COST
DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS CARHOLD
END
CHECK FILE CARHOLD HOLD
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT FIELDNAME
WHERE FIELDNAME NE 'COUNTRY';
ON TABLE SAVE AS FIELDS
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CARHOLD
SUM
-INCLUDE FIELDS
BY COUNTRY
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amdev,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Works fine on my install of WF 8.

Double check that it is created by using CMD DIR and look for the FIELDS.FTM file in the directory listing from EDATEMP.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The files will go as soon as the report is displayed, so do issue the command SET TEMPERASE=OFF (ON is the default) in the beginning. Also, the files will go into subdirectory to edatemp called ts999999, where the 999999 corresponds to the number of your agent, eg. ts000001.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Works fine for me in EDA server.

Double check if you are trying in MRE or Data Server?

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SET TEMPERASE=OFF

Håkan, this is not a good idea as it could fill up edatemp folders unless you have agent refresh set a low number.

I would only recommend this on rare occasions.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tony, I agree completely. I would never use it unless for debugging etc. Another alternative is APP HOLD appdir

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
amdev,

Have you considered using the SYSCOLUM table to get a list of fields? I prefer this to using checkfile because it respects the security of the system (DBA, RS etc). Try this:

TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
PRINT NAME AS FIELDNAME
SEGNAME
IF TBNAME EQ 'CAR'
END

There is a lot more information that you can get from the Syscolum table like field types, descriptions etc. But if all you are looking for is a list of field names, this will work.

quote:
I get the error "Cannot include resource specified FIELDS". Has something changed?

I don't know if this is the case for what you are doing here since I dont generally use the -include like you are using it, but the -INCLUDE syntax did change in V8 (one of the biggest impacts I had in my conversion). This could be why you are getting that error. You now need to have the absolute path for the INCLUDE file. If you wanted to adjust what you have for that, you most likely would want to save you file to foccache and then specify the path to the file.

-INCLUDE IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/foccache/FIELDS.ftm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT FIELDNAME
ON TABLE SAVE AS FIELDS
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CARHOLD
SUM
-INCLUDE FIELDS
BY COUNTRY
END

It all depends in what environment you are running.
If it is within the portal then yes, you should use the full path as Eric writes.
If not, then I would code:
FILEDEF FIELDS DISK FIELDS.FEX  
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD 
PRINT FIELDNAME 
ON TABLE SAVE AS FIELDS
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CARHOLD 
SUM
-INCLUDE FIELDS 
BY COUNTRY
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the assistance, I'll give these a try.