Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC1418
 Login/Join

posted
WF 8.1
Converting a report from 7.7; receiving this message on a field I'm not using!

(FOC1418) ACTUAL/USAGE TYPE MISMATCH FOR DATETIME FIELD : ACTIVITY_DATE ACTIVITY_DATE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lois

It is still parsing the entire master file. Edit that master file and check how ACTIVITY_DATE is defined.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
FIELDNAME=ACTIVITY_DATE, ALIAS=ACTIVITY_DATE, USAGE=YYMD, ACTUAL=HYYMDS,

Here is definition; should I change it; delete it? (field is null for all records)

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try USAGE=HYYMD

However, the more fundamental question is why do you have mismatched USAGE and ACTUAL. Did you recreate the master file or change something?

Also, what's the data source? Is it an RDBMS? It would help if we knew a little more about this conversion.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why the USAGE and ACTUAL are different. This report runs fine on 7.7 and but when I ported it to 8.1, this is what happened.

Oracle running the Banner ERP

posted Hide Post
7.7 has ACTUAL=DATE which may explain the problem but not why WF is changing it when it upgrades the report.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you actually recreate the metadata? Does it work when you change the Actual to to DATE? Is your upgrade limited to only WebFOCUS or did you also upgrade Banner and/or Oracle? Can you test create a dummy master file for this table and check to see what the USAGE and ACTUALs are for the date fields?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We installed 8.1 on different server and migrated all 7.7 reports. Oracle and Banner did not change.

I haven't done anything to report/server since I ported report from 7.7 to 8.1

The ACTIVITY_DATE is defined as:
USAGE = YYMD
ACTUAL = HYYMDS

They should be the same? Should I try to change ACTUAL?

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lois

The ACTUAL should be DATE and USAGE YYMD unless you do want the timestamp then the ACTUAL and USAGE should match with HYYMDS

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post