Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Help Drilling from bar graph passing HHIA value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Help Drilling from bar graph passing HHIA value
 Login/Join

posted
I am building a bar graph that goes across by 30 minute increments. I want to drill down to a basic .fex showing the line items that make up the bar. I've worked around dates, and queue name (it's a call center report) but I can't get it to pass the HHIA format across time to the drill down field which is also an HHIA format time. It passes it, but it then returns nothing because the values don't match for some reason. below is an image, might help explain what I'm building. Hope somebody has the magic answer to save the day. Thanks

graph_example

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5 DS, learning AS
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
the values don't match for some reason

The values that are passed in the URL are all in character format. Your drilldown program will have to convert the value to HHIA format in the WHERE statement.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the quick reply. Any tips on how to convert the value back to HHIA in the where statement?

Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm having a bit of trouble reproducing your HHIA scenario.

Please post the URL that is generated by the drilldown.

With the code I'm working with, the drilldown URL contains a function for the HhIA column:
&TM1=DT(03:24pm)
which then gives the error (FOC177) INVALID DATE CONSTANT.

This might be because I'm working with the CAR file...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I know what you are asking for when you ask for the URL.

Here is what I've tried:
1.) creating an Ampher in the drilldown report (-SET &TIME_BLOCK = &TIME_BLOCK_IN) Then in the report have a where to look for it against the HHIA field. RESULT 0 records return

2.) same as above but with '' around &TIME_BLOCK_IN. RESULT - (FOC177) INVALID DATE CONSTANT: &TIME_BLOCK_IN

3.) eliminating the -SET for &TIME_BLOCK and going directly to the WHERE for the '&TIME_BLOCK'. RESULT - 0 Records

4.) Same as #3 but remove the '' around &TIME_BLOCK RESULT - 0 Records

5. and 6.) Same as #3 and #4 but with DT(&TIME_BLOCK). RESULT - 0 Records.

7.) I convert the times on both the "parent" (the graph) and the drill/child (the drilldown) and it works perfectly only now my graph looks like crap because it no longer knows how to order the times correctly and start at 01:00PM and move to the higher values as if they were letters and time.

SOOOO, maybe a new work around for this problem is: How can I order my graph by the HHIA value but pass the alpha value for the drill down?

Windows, All Outputs