Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Strange problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Strange problem
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We recently finished an upgrade to MF Focus 7.7 to match our WebFocus 7.7 and I have a report which was developed under 7.3. When the job is run in batch to generate this report, the JCL runs the focexec which writes the report in pdf format to a dataset. This dataset is then emailed out at the end of the job. Under 7.3, this was all fine.

With 7.7, when the email with the report attached is received, the report cannot be opened with acrobat reader reporting an I/O error. However, if I FTP the dataset to my pc, rename it by adding the .pdf extention, I can open the file.

When I removed the orientation from the stylesheet and re-run the job, the emailed report can be opened, but the last column is now on page 2. Changing the font size below 10 will also result in the report not being able to be opened from the email.

-SET PRINTPLUS = ON;  
is being used.

Ultimately, we would like for this report to be oriented landscape on letter sized paper, but this is proving to be perplexing.

Any thoughts, ideas, or brilliant revelations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7, z/OS & Win7, excel & pdf
8.2 testing

Posts: 46 | Location: Tallahassee, FL ... was focused on, uh, what were we talking about? | Registered: February 03, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Get thee to tech support. That's a weird one.

Seriously, open a ticket.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is this a type BGronli? the "-" in front of the "SET"? PRINTPLUS is a "SET", not a "-SET"...
quote:
-SET PRINTPLUS = ON;

I have many reports, COMPUND even, that open in PDF LANDSCAPE...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Doug, yes, that is a typo. My code in the report does not have the dash before SET. We too have many reports done in landscape, however, this is the only one that is based on the mainframe and emailed from the job that runs the report. Under 7.3, this worked no problem, under 7.7 the emailed version gets an I/O error in reader, but if I FTP the same file then give it a pdf extension, it opens.

8.2 testing

Posts: 46 | Location: Tallahassee, FL ... was focused on, uh, what were we talking about? | Registered: February 03, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ditto:
quote:
Get thee to tech support. That's a weird one.

Seriously, open a ticket.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks John and Doug. I have chucked it up the food chain to my boss who has contacted support.

8.2 testing