Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] - Set Variables in 8.2.3

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] - Set Variables in 8.2.3
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
This code works in previous versions of WebFOCUS. In 8.2.3, which I'm testing now, when I run the report I get prompted to enter a value for &NOHEAD.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix?

SET ASNAMES = ON

-SET &NOHEAD = 1; 

-LEAVEHEADON

-SET &HEAD1  ='"'|'My Header Information'|'"';

TABLE FILE TEAMS
PRINT
TEAMS.NUMBER

WHERE TEAMS.NUMBER EQ '1234567'

-IF &NOHEAD =1 GOTO NOFSTHEADING

-NOFSTHEADING

HEADING
&HEAD1.EVAL

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Production - 7.6.4
Sandbox - 7.6.4

Posts: 241 | Location: Bethesda, MD | Registered: August 14, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From WF8 much more code validation has been applied
Please try first to have this fix as below (change "=" by "EQ" and add semicolon ";" which should end every -IF command)

-IF &NOHEAD EQ 1 GOTO NOFSTHEADING;

Also add SET &ECHO=ON at the top of your fex to see exactly the executed code.

Finally, for me your code, the way you show us, don't really make sense.
Why having a -IF test condition that will branch to the line right after the -IF ?
That test is doing nothing

You should try to replicate the issue with a legacy file (CAR) and/or post your complete code if not already the case.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The code is streamlined from a larger template that I use for reports that go to excel or text output.

The if statement is so that I can turn on/off the report header depending on what the output is going to be.

I don't get an error message. Running the code above prompts me for NOHEAD instead of taking the value from the -SET

Production - 7.6.4
Sandbox - 7.6.4

Posts: 241 | Location: Bethesda, MD | Registered: August 14, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I figured out the issue.

It wasn't a problem with the
-SET &NOHEAD = 1; 

8.2.3 does not seem to like the additional comment that I have after that:

-SET &NOHEAD = 1; -*Hide Header

Production - 7.6.4
Sandbox - 7.6.4

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColdWhiteMilk:

8.2.3 does not seem to like the additional comment that I have after that:

-SET &NOHEAD = 1; -*Hide Header

Probably one of the code tightening applied since WF8 where a comment should start at column 1

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
These are some of the things we have seen migrating from 8.1 to 8.2

The biggest issue I see is this code.
-IF &NOHEAD =1 GOTO NOFSTHEADING

-NOFSTHEADING

As mentioned, has a equeal sign instead of EQ and has no semicolon to end the IF.

And yes we also found that comments not in column 1 or 2 cause issues.

We also found that a - on a line by its self causes issues.

There are many others.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
We also found that a - on a line by its self causes issues.

That was a tricky one to discover (back in the day)...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post