Focal Point
Help on reporting on Master DB on mutiple SQL servers in 1 report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4867078706

August 03, 2011, 12:32 PM
Brenda Wilkerson
Help on reporting on Master DB on mutiple SQL servers in 1 report
I definitely need help on this one. I have been given a SQL query to gather data from the Master DB on several servers. I then need to report on this date in a single report, with various sorts, calculations, etc.
Any suggestions.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7
August 03, 2011, 01:28 PM
N.Selph
Query the data and then union it together with MORE.

Not sure what your question is? A specific question is more likely to get an answer. Smiler

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
August 03, 2011, 03:06 PM
Brenda Wilkerson
Server A: I can create procedure A that uses a data adapterA to sql server A, use SQL editor to query the required data, finally create a report for server A

Server B: I can create procedure B that uses a data adapterB to sql server B, use SQL editor to query the required data, finally create a report for server B

Server C: I can create procedure C that uses a data adapterC to sql server C, use SQL editor to query the required data, finally create a report for server C

Server D: I can create procedure D that uses a data adapterD to sql server D, use SQL editor to query the required data, finally create a report for server D

Server E: I can create procedure E that uses a data adapterE to sql server E, use SQL editor to query the required data, finally create a report for server E

Now I have 5 data adapters, 5 separate reports. I need one (1) report not 5 reports.

Is that specific enough. Not sure how else to ask it?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7
August 03, 2011, 06:11 PM
Waz
What N.Selph is saying is pull each data source, making sure that the output format is the same as each other one.

Then use TABLE FILE / MORE to merge each source into one hold file.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

August 04, 2011, 09:37 AM
George Patton
The MORE feature assumes the data from each server is the same. If the data is different but has common keys or fields just run the report for each one and HOLD the result. Then JOIN or use MATCH FILE to aggregate the data into a single report or a single HOLD file that you can subsequently report from.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
August 04, 2011, 11:29 AM
Brenda Wilkerson
Thanks, much more understandable. Since I am relatively new with WebFocus sometimes a little detail goes a long way.
The data is the same from each server so I will go with your suggetions.
Thx again,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7