Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     style sheet question; conditional color w/htmlcss=on

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
style sheet question; conditional color w/htmlcss=on
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
having no luck getting cell color to be conditional , either via macro or direct code, when htmlcss = on.
macro will successfully bold the cell, but not change the color. The cell has a drilldown on it. IF i take the dd off, it goes red ok.
But i need both.
I'm trying to use htmlcss=on so i can easily make that grid very mild.
TYPE=DATA, BORDER=1,BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,
FONT='MS Sans Serif',SIZE=8,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MYVAR, COLOR=RED,
WHEN=MYVAR GT 500, $
TYPE=DATA, FOCEXEC=&DD1(PARM1=1 \
PARM2=THISDATE ),COLUMN=MYVAR,$

also...
htmlcss=on and grid=off
seems to kill NOLEAD and also
puts a nasty empty row between the header and the body. Any ideas how to recapture NOLEAD and avoid this extra line?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Susannah,

Just a guess:
try putting the drilldown specs into your first TYPE=DATA statement. Possibly it's a problem with the sequence WF is processing the stylesheet.

Posts: 54 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Susan, instead of using the column name for the COLUMN= use the N notation method for example

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS DEALER_COST
BY MODEL AS ''
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, FOCEXEC=CARINST,COLUMN=N2,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BACKCOLOR=RED,WHEN=SEATS GT 3, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, STYLE=BOLD,WHEN=SEATS GT 3, $
TYPE=DATA, BORDER=1,BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,FONT='MS Sans Serif',SIZE=8,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Don't have a problem with NOLEAD but I'm running 5.33

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Susannah, as you may have gathered by now, the problem is not really with HTMLCSS, but with WebFOCUS styling itself - you cannot conditionally change the color of a column that has an HTML hyperlink on it.

Here is another example of what you may be able to do, using border colour.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='MS SANS SERIF',SIZE=8, $
TYPE=DATA, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MODEL, FOCEXEC=XXX(PARM1=1 PARM2=MODEL ), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MODEL, BORDER-COLOR=RED, WHEN=SALES LT 10000, $
ENDSTYLE
END[/code]Meanwhile, I'm looking into trying to do what you require, but using style within an -HTMLFORM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Using the N column notation allows you to conditionally style the cell with the hyperlink.
Try it.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like we have a WF styling limitation here. You can either have a conditional drilldown OR conditional styling (font color), but not both. The problem is that we don't have specific styling for <a> tags (a color: redWink, but instead attempt to style our hyperlinks with a CSS class on the TD tag. That's not good. I'll address this with our developers, but could really use a customer case to push this through. Susan, can you open a case, pretty please?

Thanks,
Brian

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Just cannot change the colour of the hyperlink.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MODEL, FOCEXEC=XXX(PARM1=1 PARM2=MODEL ), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MODEL, CLASS=HIGHLIGHT1, WHEN=SALES LT 10000, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

!IBI.FIL.H001;

-HTMLFORM END

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i have conditional color styling on my drilldowns now...all over the place, using the column name.
its only when HTMLCSS is ON that it goes haywire.
And the only reason HTMLCSS is ON is to get rid of that nasty GRID and replace it with a nice light line.
I'm going to now try everything all of you have suggested. Thanks so much...i'll report back..

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Can you show us how you got the conditional styling to work?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
you betcha
-SET &DD0 = 'THISFEX';
-SET &DD1 = 'NEWFEX';
TABLE FILE CAR SUM SALES SEATS AND COMPUTE REVENUE/D8=SEATS * DEALER_COST;
BY COUNTRY BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, BACKCOLOR=WHITE,FONT='ARIAL',SIZE=9,$
DEFMACRO=TURNBLUE,MACTYPE=RULE,
WHEN=REVENUE GT 20000 , $
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=REVENUE,MACRO=TURNBLUE,COLOR=RED,$
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=REVENUE,FOCEXEC=&DD0(COUNTRY=COUNTRY BODYTYPE=BODYTYPE),$
END[/code]Brian, okey doke...i'll open a case...this is the same issue we have all been asking for for ages...the inextricable combination of grid and wrap and the nasty things that grid on/off does to a report. Bless you for helping.

Pietro, you've taught me so much about conditional styling in the htmlform...i've tried what you suggest...but no cigar. I'll try again, with renewed zeal...

Expert
posted Hide Post
PIETRO...once again to the rescue.
all i had to do was put TABLE {border-collapse: collapse; } into my final style tags and BINGO..the ugly grid goes quiet.
wow. thank you so much. you've just revolutionized my site.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
I LOVE the border-collapse style sheet tag!

Report This Post