Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WF Report statistics

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WF Report statistics
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,
We need to gather statistics of some of the XYZ(application Name) WebFOCUS Reports.
Is it really possible what were running(all fex files starting with wpm) were running from so and so time to so and so time.
and who( network ID) has run it....!!
Is it really possile ...Kindly help me

thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
My Bad its statistics.Sorry for typo

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I believe you are looking for the product called Resource Analyzer.

It is a seperate install and license.
Unfortunately, my company doesn't have it so I can't tell you how useful it is.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

DEV: WF 7.6.10
TEST: WF 7.6.10
PROD: WF 7.6.10
MRE: WF 7.6.4
OS/Platform: Windows
Dev Studio: WF 7.7
Output: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, GRAPH, LOTUS, CSV

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Thanks....
Do you mean we really cannot get any abovce mentioned details with what we have today.
I mean normal WF devstudio and console.

Do we really need only resource analyser to get the foot prints of all.

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Resource Analyzer is very useful and provides lots of statistics, I guess that's why it costs extra!

By the way, you can correct the speeling in the title of this thread by editing your original post.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This subject has previously been discussed in the forum. The other method, which more than one of us is using, is to write your own code that tracks execution of the programs.

For example, I track the usage of all the reports in our self service application by writing to a FOCUS DB at the end of each execution - fex name, User ID, execution time...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of.

From what I understand of that tool (resource analyzer), there is a backend process that stores the information on the executed modules in a tables that you can query. You may want to request more info from IBI.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

DEV: WF 7.6.10
TEST: WF 7.6.10
PROD: WF 7.6.10
MRE: WF 7.6.4
OS/Platform: Windows
Dev Studio: WF 7.7
Output: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, GRAPH, LOTUS, CSV

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Changed the title...
Thank you....!!!

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Thank you...
Can you elaborate the below example little bit..
Please...

[quote]For example, I track the usage of all the reports in our self service application by writing to a FOCUS DB at the end of each execution - fex name, User ID, execution time

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Guru
posted Hide Post
I have used both method.

1- Resource Analyzer - Simple... All info can be stored in a repository. Then you can write queries against those tables.

2- You can include codes to input all the needed info to a table. For example, you run a month end report. At the end of that report, you include codes to grab the userid, time, report name, etc.. and put that in a table. Later you can query against that table for the required information.

Method 1 is highly recommended if budget permits. It's simple and very flexible.

Thanks,
Sayed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sayed,

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
For method 2, I do the following in each program:

At the beginning of the report, I have an INCLUDE that records the system date and time in Dialogue Manager variables.

At the end of the report, I have an INCLUDE that records the system date and time in Dialogue manager variables and calculate the elapsed time using these variables. I then use MODIFY to write a row into a FOCUS database, recording the User ID, fex name and elapsed time.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
We do similar, except we have a generic fex that collects the details,and calls the required report.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We track report usage in the same manner as Waz and Francis, very easy to implement and report from.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post