Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster FTP
 Login/Join

posted
We had a fTP process that was running correctly until the path was changed. Now we get the following:
CWD /php/batch/inbound: 550 /php/batch/inbound: The system cannot find the path specified.
When I take out the path, it works - pointing to the old path. I am assured the user id and password are not tied to the old path.
Does report caster store this path somewhere? I have not been able to locate anything remotely like it.
Thanks,
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have specified a location in the Distribution Tab, then yes, that will be stored in RC. This location will always be relative to the default login directory of the userid that logs in to the FTP server. If a relative address (like .) is used or no location is specified, then it is completely controlled by the FTP user account.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Darin,
Let me make sure I understand this correctly.
If I change the path, and have it in the distribution tab, rc is controlling where it should find the path.
so if the previous was
\inetpub\wwwroot\accountrules2\check_request\batch\inbound
and now I point to:
\inetpub\wwwroot\infopharm\php\batch\inbound
It should find it? And it is not holding on to the old path somewhere - correct?
Thanks,
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
RC controls the path RELATIVE to the login directory. So say you have a userid "Kathryn" that is used for FTP and the default directory when "Kathryn" logs in to the FTP server is \ftp\inbound\kathryn. If you leave the location blank, then the ftp'ed file goes into the default directory \ftp\inbound\kathryn. Maybe you have an additional directory under the default where you want the file to go called \ftp\inbound\kathryn\wffile so you would specify in the location box \wffile, meaning the wffile directory under the default directory. You could also place the file in \ftp\inbound by putting .. (meaning parent directory) in the location box. Is that any clearer?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Darin,
That makes sense.
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi guys this is a redacted piece of the error message from the job log for the RC job that Kathryn had posted. Maybe it will shed some additional light on the issue.

In Report Caster we have an end user who recently moved the target so to speak and naturally the job ran successfully but we got error messgaes re: failure to deliver.

We discovered what the correct path should be but it appears that the old path is still being retained by the RC interface somehow.
The error seems to be centered on the gap in the path. Only the second new path appears in the app path box in the GUI yet when we remove it and leave the path blank it delivers to the old location

Message Code Message Text

BTP1010 Starting worker thread
BTP1020 Starting task: ******/dept****o
BTP1020 Task type: MR My Report
BTP1020 Retrieving MR report: ******/dept****
BTP1020 Connecting to server MAINFRME with execution id *****
BTP1020 Executing focexec.
BTP1020 Task finished.
BTP1010 unable to distribute to mike*****@unc.edu
BTP1010 CWD inetput/wwwroot/********/php/batch/inbound: 550 inetput/wwwroot/********/php/batch/inbound: The system cannot find the path specified.

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would try recycling the distribution server or the application or both. There might be something cached.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,
I tried that. It still does not find the path.
Good idea, thought it might work.
Thanks,
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
K, Sorry I was out yesterday.

Have you tried running the ftp commands from a Unix prompt? When you connect to the target, do a pwd command to see where you are. That might help you translate whate you need to do in RC.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post