Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Public DashBoard - Tracking Hits

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Public DashBoard - Tracking Hits
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does anyone know if it is possible to track hits on how many times people have viewed a public dashboard(BID). I'm currently using WebFocus 7.1.4.

Because users do not have to enter a username/password, I was wondering if there is anyway we can track hits?

Any assistance would be great. Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you not track hits using IIS (if that's what you're using) utilities or the like?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm not well versed in IIS. Can you elaborate.

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS

Expert
posted Hide Post
You'd need to have a word with your support or admin team for the Web Server. Depending upon which webservice you use (IIS, Apache, etc.) there may or may not be utilities allowing you to track hits. Most of them allow tracking of web traffic though.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<TSR123>
posted
The Dashboard application doesn't have any counter. However, you can certainly submit a request with Techsupport requesting this as a New Feature Request.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
you can certainly submit a request with Techsupport requesting this as a New Feature Request

Anyone have any success with this? What's the turnaround time?

How about old feature fixes? Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to know if this is possbile? What about for GROUP view dashboards?
My upper management is asking for this information. We are on 7.6 with Apache.

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's in my opinion impossible to measure how many times people are VIEWING a page, maybe you can count haw many times they open a page, but since there is a lot of caching also that won't give a proper reliable number. But if you can and put it in a database you can build some extra reports....
If you want you can use a javascript that gives the user response of the times he visits the page.
But that is client bases and not sent to the server.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
At the moment I am tracking logs instead of hits by writing all logs to the public dashboard to a file.
here is an example.
FILEDEF LOG DISK \\WEBFOCUSSERVIER\LOGFOLDER\LOG.DAT (APPEND
-RUN
-SET &DAY_ACCESS = &YYMD;
-SET &TIME = HHMMSS('A8');
-WRITE LOG &DAY_ACCESS&TIME&RPT_NAME
-RUN

I'm running WF 7.1.4

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS

Expert
posted Hide Post
Lurker, there are a lot of shareware hitcounters you can google. i used one which writes to an MSAccess db. WF has a product called Resource Analyzer which tracks lots of stuff of this nature, might work for you.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When you say "tracking hits", what exactly are you trying to track? Is it when someone logs onto a public/group view? Or, is it more granular, such as tracking all reporting activity?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post