Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Content Window Size WF8105

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Content Window Size WF8105
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We created user mulitple user reports with parameters. The users select the reports from a tree on the left of the BIP (8080). When they select the desired report, the screen appears on the right with the parameters and run button. This screen is very small. How can I default it to a specific size? In looking through the WebFOCUS Release 8.1 Version 05M > App Studio > WebFOCUS App Studio Reference Guide > Creating Reports in WebFOCUS App Studio I did not see how to do this for 8105.

Thank you,
Geri Gellman

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.05 OS:Linux; Upgrading to: WebFOCUS 8.1.05 OS:Windows; Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel; Adapters: SAP, MySQL, Oracle incl Report Caster

Posts: 102 | Location: Cincinnati, Oh USA area | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Geri,

Assuming that you are using the Business Intelligence Portal (BIP)

If that is the case , then you need to edit the portal design.

This can be done from http(s)://yourserver(Razzerort)/ibi_apps

After login, you should see portals on the left side.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz,

yes I see the portals there which is where the users see the report. From here, I need to know what to change.

Thank you,
Geri Gellman

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.05 OS:Linux; Upgrading to: WebFOCUS 8.1.05 OS:Windows; Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel; Adapters: SAP, MySQL, Oracle incl Report Caster

Posts: 102 | Location: Cincinnati, Oh USA area | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Just right-click / edit the portal, and start adjusting.

It would take too long to explain here.

I would suggest checking the documentation on BIP and get in and have a look.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, I called them portals but it is actually content. That was my error. I know how to change the size in portals. I found documentation on that.

Thank you,
Geri Gellman

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you able to send a screen shot ?

Trying to help in the dark

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz,

What is the best way to send a screen shot?

Thank you,
Geri Gellman

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Create your screen shot and save it on a public website such as tinypic. com

Then insert the image url (third icon from right) to your post.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Please see the screen print included

Expert
posted Hide Post
Your screenshot did not show up.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Trying again.

http://i65.tinypic.com/6oh5j6.png

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ideally, when a user selects a report, it should open in a full window on the right.

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Geri,
We already spoke about this in the case you opened about this, but I thought I would post so that everyone can have the solution.

The issue was specifically on how to control the size of an HTML Document when opened via the main BI Portal/Client.

You can set the size of the popup for an HTML page by following these directions:

1. Open the page in App Studio

2. Click the 'Embedded JavaScript/CSS' tab on the bottom

3. Open the Settings panel and ensure under 'Editing Selection' you have selected 'Internal Java Script'

4. Directly under the line

function window_onload() {

Type the line

window.resizeTo(1000, 1000);

Where the numbers are the desired width and height, respectively.

Note: depending on your Output Viewer settings, you may not see this change reflected when you hit the Run button in App Studio. However, if you run it from the Client you will see the window size correctly.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Emily,

Thanks! I was just logging in to add the same notes you added for others to see.