Focal Point
[CLOSED] Date format for SQL Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/490100842

September 23, 2009, 04:09 PM
Gavin
[CLOSED] Date format for SQL Report
I have SQL report that run against oracle db. The date format is different when it is run from Dev studio and from MRE. Does anyone know how to fix it? Here is the out put of ? HOLD

From MRE
FIRNS_DATE E06 HYYMDS MISSING = ON

From Dev Studio
FIRNS_DATE E06 YYMD MISSING = ON

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
September 23, 2009, 11:38 PM
Francis Mariani
This SQL report, how are you accessing the Oracle table? Are you setting the Oracle engine or are you using a WebFOCUS Master? If you're using a WebFOCUS Master you could be pointing to a different Master for each execution method...

Use the DBMS:

SET SQLENGINE=SQLORA
SQL SELECT * FROM dbms-table

or
SQL SQLORA SELECT * FROM dbms-table

Use WebFOCUS Master:

SQL SELECT * FROM dbms-table

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 24, 2009, 10:39 AM
jgelona
Looks to me like you have 2 different masters. One where the Oracle date/time field is defined as a date-time field (HYYMDS) and the other where it is defined as a smart date (YYMD).

In our environment there are many times where we want to use an Oracle date-time field as just a date and other times we want to use it as a date-time. For example, if I want all the rows from a given table updated on 9/22/2009 but I want to print the full date time, I define the field in my master twice like this:

FIELD=UPDDT,LST_UPTDT,YYMD,YYMD,$
FILED=UPDDTTM,LST_UPDDT,HYYMDS,HYYMDS,$

LST_UPDDT is the column name in the Oracle table.

Then my fex would look something like this:

TABLEF FILE XXXXX
 PRINT F1, F2, F2
    BY UPDDTTM
 WHERE UPDDT GE '20090922'
   AND UPDDT LT '20090923'
END

Notice that since all of this will get passed to Oracle, by using TABLEF, Oracle will sort the data and WebFOCUS does not resort the data. If I had used TABLE, WebFOCUS would waste time sorting data that is already in the proper sequence.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
October 15, 2009, 06:08 PM
Gavin
I figure out just need to put the statement below for running the SQL.

ENGINE SQLORA SET DATETIME OFF

Thanks for the helps. Problem solved.