Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     adding a hyperlink in HTMLFORM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
adding a hyperlink in HTMLFORM
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have a report that populates a drop down box from the table. To do this, I am using HTMLFORM
and !IBI.FIL.HOLDNAME

example:

table file car
on table hold as hold1 FORMAT ALPHA
end
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<table><tr>
<td>
Select CAR :<br>
<select name="CAR">
<option value="$*">ALL
!IBI.FIL.HOLD1;
</select><br>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center"><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit">
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="Reset"></td>
</tr>
-HTMLFORM END

This would give us the dropdown box with a Submit and a reset button after the drop down box.

What I would need is a hyperlink below the submit button when clicked should take me to a new html page.
I could do this using a button and when clicked on the button runs another focexec that has
-HTMLFORM.
What I need though is the link instead of a button.

Help please.

Master
posted Hide Post
Use a standard link

MSN Web Site or

WebFOCUS Car Inst. Report Hope this helps

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response. It works great. First solution is what I needed. However, if I need to open the URL in a window of specific size, I am using a javascript window.open function which is not working. Any ideas on how to open the URL in a window of specific size.

Expert
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Thiru>
posted
Call the JavaScript from HREF and call the program URL from the JavaScript. This way you can contrlol the size of the new window.

Your HREF will look like

href="javascript:runPrgorm()"

and your JavaScript may looks like:

function runProgram(){
var a1 = "http://xxxxx/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=carinst";
var a2 = "&"+"IBIMR_random=" + Math.random();
var url = a1 + a2;
var winwidth = window.screen.availWidth-12;
var winheight = window.screen.availHeight-100;
s = "width="+winwidth+",height="+winheight;
t = "resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,toolbar=yes,";
u = "status=yes,directories=yes,location=yes,top=0,left=-2,";
window.open(url,"_",u+t+s);
}

Here you can modify the width and height anytime.

Hope this will help you!

Report This Post