Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Calendar Control onChange event handling when using the date picker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Calendar Control onChange event handling when using the date picker
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Using the date picker to select a date in the Calendar Control does not trigger the onChange event. This has apparently been corrected in v8.

Thanks to a suggestion by Harry at Tech Support, it looks like the following works in versions prior to v8:

Put the Calendar Control in a container and add an onmouseover event handler to the container. The container can be invisible and (I suppose) slightly larger than the calendar control.

I added the onmouseover event handler to the gold (Salmon?) panel. Now, when I select a date from the date picker or by typing it in, the onmouseover event handler kicks in and computes the text to display below the controls.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Some months have more week rows than others - Sep. 2013 has 6, therefore the date picker frame must be within the container...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Nice. Smiler

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm on 8005 - I just wired up my first calendar widget to an HTML page.

When you type in the box - the onchange fires.
When you click the calendar icon and select your date - it does not fire the onchange.

It does not appear to me this is fixed in 8.

I may have to resort to some IT trickery.

webFOCUS 8207.15
WindowsServer 2019

Posts: 120 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 26, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
stur0063 is right, at least for 8005:
 //Begin function calendar1_onchange
function calendar1_onchange(ctrl) {
	alert();
}
//End function calendar1_onchange 

Works for manual input but using the date picker does not fire.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is not the first example of being told that something that didn't work in WF 7.* will work in 8.* but doesn't really.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis

I would assume you are validiating the calendar date. If so you can validate the calendar date when clicking on a run button and if its not correct pass focus back to the calendar control.

The Onchange event does not get execute when user click on a date. I did not know that the issue has been addressed. We are using the dynacalendar control and if you want more control over the calendar you may be able to use the JSquery calendar control.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Barry, thanks very much for your feedback. We have started using the jQuery calendar control more and more since it is more configurable than the HTML Composer calendar control.

Cheers,

Francis