Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Accessing Resource Analyzer tables in Report Painter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Accessing Resource Analyzer tables in Report Painter
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I need to create some custom Resource Analyzer reports.

I found that I couldn't access the Administrative and Usage monitoring tables in Report Painter, but could create focexecs in the text editor that worked.

What do I ned to do to be able to access these tables in the Report Painter?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, Linux, HTML, PDF, AHTML, EXCEL

Posts: 100 | Registered: September 15, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The reason for that is that the server can find the master files, but report painter can't.
These master files usually reside in the servers home/catalog directory. Copy them to an app folder so the painter can see them.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Are there any masters other than the ones listed in Appendix B of the documentation? Due to security restrictions here, I can't access the servers home/catalog directory.

Thank you.

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you can do it, create synoyms for the RA tables into a directory which is either in the global path or your personal path. You will then be able to do reports using the Report Painter.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ginny.

Are there any RA masters other than the ones listed in Appendix B of the documentation?

Guru
posted Hide Post
If you create alternate masters for the RA tables, it might be a good idea to name them slightly different than the ones in the catalog.
I ran into problems by naming them the same because my reporting connector has select only access, and catalog connector is read-write.
You know 2 masters for the same file can be bad news!

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think the list of databases is quite complete. This list can be divided into master files needed for the resource analyzer product and files for the governor product. The complete list is:
SMSERVERS Table (SMSERVRS.MAS)
SMCONTROL Table (SMCNTRL.MAS)
SMKBASE Table (SMKBASE.MAS)
SMPRL Table (SMPRL.MAS)
SMPARAMETERS Table (SMPRMTRS.MAS)
SMQUERY Table (SMQUERY.MAS)
SMREQUESTS Table (SMREQSTS.MAS)
SMFROMS Table (SMFROMS.MAS)
SMCOLUMNS Table (SMCOLMNS.MAS)
SMRELATIONS Table (SMRELTNS.MAS)
SMBYS Table (SMBYS.MAS)
SMFUNCTIONS Table (SMFNCTNS.MAS)
SMGOVERN Table (SMGOVEND.MAS)
SMREMOTES Table (SMRMTS.MAS)
SMRPCS Table (SMRPCS.MAS)

Be aware:
In release 77 and up these files do not exist any more. Should you have the need to upgrade to release 77, your custom reports will no longer work.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post