Focal Point
[CLOSED] Accessing Resource Analyzer tables in Report Painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4917034295

October 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
JBK
[CLOSED] Accessing Resource Analyzer tables in Report Painter
I need to create some custom Resource Analyzer reports.

I found that I couldn't access the Administrative and Usage monitoring tables in Report Painter, but could create focexecs in the text editor that worked.

What do I ned to do to be able to access these tables in the Report Painter?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, Linux, HTML, PDF, AHTML, EXCEL
October 27, 2010, 06:56 AM
GamP
The reason for that is that the server can find the master files, but report painter can't.
These master files usually reside in the servers home/catalog directory. Copy them to an app folder so the painter can see them.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
October 27, 2010, 06:10 PM
JBK
Are there any masters other than the ones listed in Appendix B of the documentation? Due to security restrictions here, I can't access the servers home/catalog directory.

Thank you.

October 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
GinnyJakes
If you can do it, create synoyms for the RA tables into a directory which is either in the global path or your personal path. You will then be able to do reports using the Report Painter.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 28, 2010, 03:28 PM
JBK
Thanks, Ginny.

Are there any RA masters other than the ones listed in Appendix B of the documentation?

November 01, 2010, 07:14 PM
N.Selph
If you create alternate masters for the RA tables, it might be a good idea to name them slightly different than the ones in the catalog.
I ran into problems by naming them the same because my reporting connector has select only access, and catalog connector is read-write.
You know 2 masters for the same file can be bad news!

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
November 02, 2010, 04:18 AM
GamP
I think the list of databases is quite complete. This list can be divided into master files needed for the resource analyzer product and files for the governor product. The complete list is:
SMSERVERS Table (SMSERVRS.MAS)
SMCONTROL Table (SMCNTRL.MAS)
SMKBASE Table (SMKBASE.MAS)
SMPRL Table (SMPRL.MAS)
SMPARAMETERS Table (SMPRMTRS.MAS)
SMQUERY Table (SMQUERY.MAS)
SMREQUESTS Table (SMREQSTS.MAS)
SMFROMS Table (SMFROMS.MAS)
SMCOLUMNS Table (SMCOLMNS.MAS)
SMRELATIONS Table (SMRELTNS.MAS)
SMBYS Table (SMBYS.MAS)
SMFUNCTIONS Table (SMFNCTNS.MAS)
SMGOVERN Table (SMGOVEND.MAS)
SMREMOTES Table (SMRMTS.MAS)
SMRPCS Table (SMRPCS.MAS)

Be aware:
In release 77 and up these files do not exist any more. Should you have the need to upgrade to release 77, your custom reports will no longer work.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988