Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Authorization Issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Authorization Issue
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We are new to Webfocus and are experiencing some strange situation while using external authorization with external directory as oracle.

We are using trusted Authentication and external authorization. We were keeping our security tables in oracle database.

If I create a users form console everything works fine. If I loaded bulk user to the table, then I can able to see all of those users from the console but none of them getting access to the application. Then I saved each of those users on console and then they can able to access the application.
Thing is I cannot save each of those users all the time.

After I did some research and found the strange situation. If I loaded users to the backend tables, for those users: personal folders and ".htm" are not creating under BASEDIR. If I save these users form the console, then personal folder and “.Htm” are created under BASEDIR or If i created those folders and “.htm” for those users under BASEDIR then they will get access to the application.

FYI: We load our user to the security tables on nightly base every day.

Please can anybody let me know, am I doing anything wrong or we are missing anything on process wise?

Experts please through ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 8202M
APP Studio
Info assist
Report caster
Portals
Maintain
EXcel,PDF,HTML,Active Reports

Posts: 82 | Location: MD | Registered: May 14, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The Users need to exist on User.htm file under basedir.

Thnaks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
How can i create these .htm files for each users on nightly basis?

WebFocus 8202M
APP Studio
Info assist
Report caster
Portals
Maintain

Guru
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't have to create .htm files for each user. That along with users folder will be created when the user logs in for the first time.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you sayed for your reply.

Our issue was, when I load the user from the backend, that user can not able to login for first time itself.

WebFocus 8202M
APP Studio
Info assist
Report caster
Portals
Maintain

Guru
posted Hide Post
Little confused here,...

Step 1) You load all users to oracle db
step 2) You make sure users are defined on users.htm

Are you doing step 2?

Thanks,
Sayed

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
With external security the users do NOT need to exist in the user.htm. The user.htm is not used when your security uses trusted/external.

Most likely you simply have a caching issue. WebFOCUS keeps a cache of the present users, and when you add users to your database it doesn't know they've been added.

To fix this do one of two things:
1) Log into the WebFOCUS Admin console and click "Clear Cache" to manually clear the cache.

2) Log into the WebFOCUS Admin Console and go to:
Configuration -> MR Security Settings -> Advanced

And disable the cache for any of the items you anticipate changing frequently and you don't want their values cached.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you logan for your reply. let me try this one.

WebFocus 8202M
APP Studio
Info assist
Report caster
Portals
Maintain