Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Images don't work with business views [SOLVED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Images don't work with business views [SOLVED]
 Login/Join

posted
Background:
We are in the process of setting up an ad-hoc reporting application using the WebFocus product. One of the IBI architects we worked with recommended we use business views for our reports. Therefore, all of our reports are based on business views.

Issue:
I’ve discovered that when using business views, it’s impossible to add an image to a report. I’ve been up and down forums and tried literally everything. At the end of the day, the difference is the business view – if the report is based on it – I get an error ((FOC32496) FIELD NOT FOUND BY FOCEXEC PARSER: glassban.gif). If the report is based on a master file, the exact same code works!

Details:
To keep it simple, I’ve been working on the server itself. Our implementation needs to use Managed Reporting, but 1 step at a time… I’ve created 2 separate reports – 1 based on a master file, 1 on a business view. The image is placed in the Other (virtual) folder on the server, in the same application folder as the fexs.

[FEX using a MASTER FILE]
SET FOCTRANSFORM=ON
TABLE FILE M_EMPLOYEE
PRINT
'M_EMPLOYEE.M_EMPLOYEE.CLIENTID'
'M_EMPLOYEE.M_EMPLOYEE.FULLNAME'
HEADING
"My Report"
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=glassban.gif,
POSITION=(0.000000 0.097222),
SIZE=(8.000000 0.750000),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

[FEX using a BUSINESS VIEW]
SET FOCTRANSFORM=ON
TABLE FILE BV_EMPLOYEE
PRINT
'BV_EMPLOYEE.PERSONAL_INFORMATION.FULLNAME'
'BV_EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYMENT_INFORMATION.CLIENTID'
HEADING
"My Report"
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=glassban.gif,
POSITION=(0.000000 0.083333),
SIZE=(8.000000 0.750000),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

The fex based on a business view throws the following error:

(FOC32496) FIELD NOT FOUND BY FOCEXEC PARSER: glassban.gif

Anyone else run into this and have any work around suggestions? I can dodge the issue by holding the report, then running off the hold file, but I have to generate essentially the same code twice (i.e. make the hold file, and just spit out everything in it). There's got to be a better way to do this...

Thanks,

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Byrnsy,

Version 7.6.10
Windows 7 Pro
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a known problem.

According to Techsupport, this is fixed in 7.7

Chris, you should get yourself a login to the Techsupport website. Its self registration, but you need to know your Site code and Company Name.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Site code and Company Name

I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but the Company name that you need to use is the one as held by IB on their system - verbatim. So if your Company has changed name then it may be the original Company name. I would advise you to contact the service desk to ensure that you use the correct one.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Try to put your code in pdf composer instead of directly printing...
It will work

Try this

SET FOCTRANSFORM=ON
SET FOCTRANSFORM = ON
SET ASNAMES = ON
SET EMPTYREPORT = ANSI
-* Report - Begin
SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT DHTML
UNITS=IN, $
OBJECT=bookmarks ,$
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=A2, $
PAGELAYOUT=ALL, NAME='Page Master', $
OBJECT=IMAGE, NAME='image1', IMAGE=glassban.gif, POSITION=(0.583 0.583), DIMENSION=(2.479 0.563), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.583in; WIDTH: 2.479in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0.583in; HEIGHT: 0.563in', $
COMPONENT='DfltCmpt1', POSITION=(0 0), DIMENSION=(0 0), $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Penetration by SA', text='Penetration by SA', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.729 2.150), DIMENSION=(2.503 4.583), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.729in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 2.503in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 2.023in; HEIGHT: 4.474in', $
END

SET COMPONENT='DfltCmpt1'

TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
" "
SUM TBNAME NOPRINT
IF READLIMIT EQ 1
ON TABLE SET PREVIEW ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
END

SET COMPONENT='report1'
TABLE FILE BV_EMPLOYEE
PRINT
'BV_EMPLOYEE.PERSONAL_INFORMATION.FULLNAME'
'BV_EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYMENT_INFORMATION.CLIENTID'
HEADING
"My Report"
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
-*$
-*TYPE=REPORT,
-*IMAGE=glassban.gif,
-*POSITION=(0.000000 0.083333),
-*SIZE=(8.000000 0.750000),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Regards,
Saikumar.

WebFOCUS 8103 Appstudio, Dev Studio MRE
Client Windows 7, Serveron Unix.
Excel, PDF, HTML,AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure whether this is still the case

Looks like it is. Here is the registration page.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The above concept of putting it in Composer does work when I want a PDF, thanks for the input there. I'm still stuck on the other formats I need to make work (HTML, EXCEL, PPT). I'm hoping to get upgraded to 7.7 here soon. Theoretically, that will solve my problem. If it doesn't, looks like I'll have to do a hold file b/c of all the outputs I have to support. Thanks to all for the input! It's appreciated.

Version 7.6.10
Windows 7 Pro
all output

Master
posted Hide Post
Dear all,

A workaround is to first put your wanted data in het temporary-hold file and continue with that.

We've got the same issue. And we've send it to IBI.

G'luck

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post