Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Graph Editor

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Graph Editor
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Using WF 7.1.3 in BI Dashboard.

Tried to use graph editor and received:

"Graph Editor does not support new graph engine functionality. Using the editor while new graph engine is enabled may cause
compatibility issues. It is recommended that you set graph engine to old"

Setting GRAPHENGINE to GRAPH32 or OLD removes warning but no editor appears, when pressing edit button. Could it be the java version? (Java 1.5.0_06)

Fernando

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Can you see if you can get the Graph Editor up with Managed Reporting.

If not, i'd recommend you obtain a tools trace and send that to IB Techsupport along with your app server log.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003

posted Hide Post
sorry for bumping an old thread but has anyone find a solution for this problem? I'm having the same problem with the original poster now, I'm running devStudio 7.1.3 with Java 1.5.0 and couldn't run Graph Edit.

I haven't put a case with the techsupport yet(probably after this) and just wondering whether anyone got a solution for this or not. Thanks~

7.1.3 on XP into HTML, Excel, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yuuta,
My advice would be to upgrade to a 76 version of DevStudio. That one has the advanced graph editor which offers many more and better capabilities than the older graph editor.
Since you're now on 713, you could even install 76x next to the 71 release, so you would be able to continue using the 713, if needed of course. If you decide to go that raod, be sure to fire the thisfoci.bat file before starting DevStudio (any version). Otherwise DevStudio won't start or might malfunction.
Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, i seem to have the same problem as YUUTA.
Im on windows XP dev studio 7.6.2 Java 1.6.0 and the advenced graph editor does not seem to work. Does anyone know what is the optimal version needed for java in order to have the advanced graph work?

thanks.

7.6.2, windows xp