Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] SSO authentication for my WF 8 Portal dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] SSO authentication for my WF 8 Portal dashboard
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I need to set a common id or group id for a set of users and I need to allow them based on common/group id to see Webfocus Portal.
Say example I have 100 set users and all of them have access to one of the Portal Dashboard called Market Dashboard.
I create a common id called "mktuser" and authentication & entitlement to see this dashboard for those 100 users have already been done my application .
So my user will login with their own/individual id to my application and my entitlement model will assign an id (mktuser")
if they have entitled to see Market dashboard . There is a link to launch WF Portal in my application , from there my user
have to redirected to Portal Dash without prompting for username/password.

I did search lot in forum and Webfocus Security administration document , but still I could not figure out correct method to follow ?
Can someone give some higher level idea ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF8103 -UNIX,HTML,EXCEL,PDF.

Master
posted Hide Post
Poongs,

You may need to deploy custom java servlet filter. More details available in Security and Administration manual.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
A probably easier to manage way would be to pass the real user ID through and instead create a group called "mktuser" or "mktusers" and give this group permissions for the Marketting Dashboard.

If you really want to use a single user ID then you can pass that ID from your appliction using HTML header or variable (REMOTE_USER would be easiest) - You will need to follow the instructions in the Security Manual in the Chapter "Configuring Managed Reporting for Trusted or External Authentication" for setting your Authentication to "Trusted"

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ram and Stu - I Will try to deploy a custom servlet filter to add custom HTTP header variable and follow the "Configuring Managed Reporting for Trusted or External Authentication".

WF8103 -UNIX,HTML,EXCEL,PDF.