Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Alternate/INDEXED view table file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Alternate/INDEXED view table file
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Also posted at ITToolBox

Running 7.2.5 under MVS

I get a FOC269 error tellng me
EQUALITY SCREENING TESTS MUST BE PROVIDED IN AN INDEXED VIEW

See below; I've got it.

Is it because I also have PC_YYM as a WHERE field?
Any other ideas.

Thanks
Sandy Weller

The MFD:
FILE=PCRSUM1,SUFFIX=FOC
SEGNAME=DATEINFO,SEGTYPE=S1,$
FIELD=PC_YYM ,,FORMAT=YYM ,INDEX=I,$
$
SEGNAME=CUST ,SEGTYPE=S1,PARENT=DATEINFO,$
FIELD=PC_SOLD_NBR ,,FORMAT=I6L,TITLE='SOLD,NBR',INDEX=I,$
$
SEGNAME=PRODUCT,SEGTYPE=S2,PARENT=CUST,$
FIELD=PC_VENDOR_NM ,,FORMAT=A10 ,TITLE='VENDOR,NAME',INDEX=I,$
FIELD=PC_PROD_CLS ,,FORMAT=A4 ,TITLE='PROD,CLS',INDEX=I,$
FIELD=PC_BIG_KEY ,,FORMAT=A20 ,TITLE='KEY,FOR,JOIN',INDEX=I,$
FIELD=GRS_SLS ,,FORMAT=P13.2C ,TITLE='GROSS,SALES',$
etc.

PC_BIG_KEY is a concatenation of SOLD_NBR VENDOR_NM PROD_CLS
I need to be able to get all records for one BIGKEY value for up to 24 months.

My code looks like this:
-READ BKEYIN &BIGKEY.A20.
TABLE FILE PCRSUM1.PC_BIG_KEY
PRINT
GRS_SLS
etc.
BY PC_YYM
BY PC_SOLD_NBR
BY PC_VENDOR_NM
BY PC_PROD_CLS
WHERE PC_BIG_KEY EQ '&BIGKEY' (Assigned above in -READ)
WHERE PC_YYM LE CY_YYM OR PC_YYM GE PY_YYMJ (defined above; not shown)
ON TABLE HOLD AS HISTDATA
END

Posts: 38 | Location: Chicago, IL area | Registered: June 16, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think the second Where statement is causing your problem.

If you change

TABLE FILE PCRSUM1.PC_BIG_KEY

to

TABLE FILE PSCRSUM1

I think you will be ok.

Specifying a fieldname on the TABLE FILE statement for the alternate file view requires EQ in the WHERE tests.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You are missing semicolons at the ends of the
WHERE statements.

Expert
posted Hide Post
gerry, i've never seen semicolons at the end of WHERE statements in a fex. Please explain. thanks.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
[qb] gerry, i've never seen semicolons at the end of WHERE statements in a fex. Please explain. thanks. [/qb]
The semi-colon in FOCUS/WebFOCUS WHERE statements is usually optional (unlike SQL), but is required when you're doing dynamic compute-like expressions within the WHERE, e.g.,

WHERE SUBSTR(15,LAST_NAME,1,2,2,'A2') IS 'MC';

and I've seen cases in multi-line compound WHERE clauses where the semi-colon has been required.

But this does not seem to be related to Sandy's question. Sandy posted a follow-up message on IT Toolbox that this was happening only when there were embedded blanks in the concatenated field. With the blanks gone it worked.

-CB

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
thats such a swell feature! and so needed! thanks Chris. Guess i'ld better read my New Features Summaries more closely Big Grin

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post