Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to filer on field formatted as A800V

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to filer on field formatted as A800V
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am using WF version 7.7.03, on a Oracle platform. I have a synonym that has a field formatted at A800v. There are 3 values that I'm trying to filter out in order to do drill downs. The values are "HIGH", "Moderate", "Low.". There are other values in the same field with a max of 18 characters that I'm not concerned with. My problem is that I have tried various ways of manipulating the field for example using DEFINE's: The field is called Risk_Level and I have tried the following: (Note: I know the WHERE statements are commented) they are just examples of what I have tried!

DEFINE FILE Tablename

RISKLEVEL2/A8 = RISK_LEVEL;
-*MOD_RISKL/A8 = EDIT (RISKLEVEL2, '99999999');
MOD_RISKL/A8 = EDIT (RISK_LEVEL, '99999999');

END

Once I do my table file and filter ie

Print

field

field

field

-*WHERE MOD_RISKL EQ 'HIGH'
-*WHERE RISKLEVEL2 EQ 'HIGH';

Each time I get zero records meet the criteria and I know for a fact this is incorrect. Any help on my issue would be greatly appreciated!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

OS/Oracle

Windows
Output:All

Master
posted Hide Post
Here is what I would try first.

See if you can query the table using the CONTAINS on real A800V field like this.

TABLE FILE tablename
PRINT somefields
WHERE RISK_LEVEL CONTAINS 'HIGH' OR 'Moderate' OR 'Low';
END

then if that works you have several options. here is one.

if the 3 values always start in position then you should be able to do and define and filter on it like so

DEFINE FILE tablename
RISK/A8 = IF EDIT(RISK_LEVEL, '9999') EQ 'HIGH' THEN 'HIGH' ELSE 
          IF EDIT(RISK_LEVEL, '999') EQ 'Low' THEN 'Low' ELSE 
          IF EDIT(RISK_LEVEL, '99999999') EQ 'Moderate' THEN 'Moderate' ELSE 
            'X';
END

TABLE FILE tablename
PRINT somefields
WHERE RISK EQ 'HIGH' OR 'Moderate' OR 'Low';
END

Scott

Scott

posted Hide Post
Thank you TexasStingray! Your solution works great. My head ache has been relieved! Big Grin

[Resolved]

OS/Oracle

Windows
Output:All