Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WF Maintain -- Moving to a new server, Form loads, Calls Crash

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WF Maintain -- Moving to a new server, Form loads, Calls Crash
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have a series of 7.6.11 Maintain forms that have been in production for years. We're transitioning to a new server and a new version of WF (7.7.03) so I have installed a new 7.7 Dev Studio and am deploying the files to the new server. They deploy, and they run, but when I click on a button in any of them I get

Application/Configuration Error
Failure, Node does not exist in odin.cfg

My Reporting Servers on the new setup have different names. But I don't find any references to the old Server names in any of the source code or compiled code. No EXEC calls, no CALL calls, no JavaScript that invokes WF . . . I'm confused that it will start up but won't continue to run.

The error message gives me very little to work with -- any suggestions on where to look?

Happy 4th by the way.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you compared the odin.cfg files on the two servers to see if there are any differences - maybe in the database nodes specified therein?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try looking for LOOPBACK in the server odin.cfg. I think that this is the one used by Maintain.

Should be identical attributes to the main server node, normally EDASERVE.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'll check it again. I'm surprised it would run once but not twice.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What I meant to say is I think LOOPBACK is used on a callback to Maintain. Maintain would start on EDASERVE or whatever through the client, but then makes calls direct back to server via LOOPBACK.

Mark?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
My only advice is to make sure there are no typos or missing lines from ODIN.CFG. Also, some cases point to a file named ibicommd.wfs but that's not the same error that you are getting.

When the form is displayed, is the agent still active? We have seen cases when the form is displayed, the agent goes away. Then trying to perform ANY action will give an error.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The agent remains in use and I added loopback to my odin.cfg. That change made no difference in the behavior.

There's some complication here. This WF Client runs on port 7070 because the system has two WF Clients installed on it. If there's a hard-coded 8080 somewhere that could be the problem. There's also two separate Reporting Servers for 7070, one for QA and one for Dev. I coded the loopback to point to the Dev Reporting Server which is fine for now, but will be trouble when we put QA into the mix.

So to summarize, added loopback, flushed cache on Client, no change. Agent remains active and waiting for response.

As for syntax in odin.cfg . . . it pretty much looks correct, but I've never seen a published doc on it and the error message is vague as he1l. It also seems to run the first time through.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
John - Please open a case with the help desk so we can track and solve this.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'll do that, but with a July 12th deadline I'm going to need to keep pressing on this one independently.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Fixed for the moment. I needed to set a default Reporting Server for the Client. My concern is that with two different projects and each having a Dev and a QA Reporting Server that the default will only solve part of my problem. But setting that default to the server I'm running against right now solved my problem.

Thanks for tuning in gents.

J.