Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Coding a single quote in Client Profile

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Coding a single quote in Client Profile
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi everyone

I want to do the equivalent in my client/site profile of

-SET &QWOTE='''';

Here is the site profile on the client. This code sets the quote.

QWOTE=''''
<set> QWOTE(pass)

However I keep getting '' as the result of -? &
and changing the various count ', '', ''', etc never generates me the single quote I want.

Can anyone help.

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John

I just set &QWOTE in _site_profile,
-SET &QWOTE='''';
without the . Comes through fine, everywhere.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Alan

The code I originally tried was

-SET & QUOTE = '''';

Without the space.

I think just like wf forums the site profile may have mashed this.

So am I right in saying that a site profile can include any wf code including DM and the special syntax is only required to pass html variables to wf?

Best regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think that is correct.

As TS pointed out, set the _site_profile in site.wfs, rather than cgivars. I use a -INCLUDE statement:

_site_profile=-INCLUDE fexName

and in the included focexec have DM, FILTERS etc.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post