Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Calendar date with trMYY format

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Calendar date with trMYY format
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

I have a calendar control in my HTML and i have defined its date format as trMYY (i.e September, 2011). This value is passed to my fex file on page sumbit and i am trying to convert this to a YYM format in order to use it as a filter. I have tried CHGDAT, DATECVT and EDIT. No luck yet. Here is what i am doing, can any one please help me out

&START_DT is the variable coming from Calendar control. The value will be 'September, 2011'

-SET &START_DT = TRUNCATE(&START_DT);
-SET &ST_MON = GETTOK(&START_DT,&START_DT.LENGTH,1,',',9,'A9');
-SET &ST_MON = UPCASV(9, &ST_MON, 'A9');
-SET &ST_YR = GETTOK(&START_DT,&START_DT.LENGTH,2,',',9,'A9');
-SET &START_DT = TRUNCATE(&ST_MON) | TRUNCATE(&ST_YR);
-SET &ST_DT = CHGDAT('MXYY','A6YYM','&START_DT','A6');
-TYPE &ST_DT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Alas, an ampersand variable does not know date formats from adam. Ampersand Variables can be ALpha, or numeric, and their contents, AND their usage in the CURRENT Dialog Manager line of code determine how they will be evaluated.

In this case, I would use a DECODE of your &ST_MON variable to convert 'September' into '09'. Then hard concatente that onto &ST_YR as in &ST_YY || &ST_MON to create something theat looks liek a YYM date.

Now, create a DEFINE field using your CHGDAT function and use that defined field in your WHERE clause.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thnks Robert. I was also thinking of using a Define field for my Where Clause. But that is converting my Hold file field to this trMYY format. Anyways just wanted to know if there is something available in dialog manager to convert trMYY to YYMD format. One more reason why i wanted it to be converted is to use this variable in my SQL Pass thro filter. I guess i have to the use your DECODE logic. Thanks much for your help.

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I had the exact same issue with the date coming from a launch page. This is the logic I use to process the incoming date (&RPT_MONTH is the incoming date) and determine begin and end dates for WHERE...FROM...TO clauses in the report logic:

-SET &MONTH_NAME = UPCASE(9,GETTOK(&RPT_MONTH,&RPT_MONTH.LENGTH,1,',',9,'A9'),'A9');
-SET &MONTH_NBR  = DECODE &MONTH_NAME ('JANUARY'   '01'
-                                      'FEBRUARY'  '02'
-                                      'MARCH'     '03'
-                                      'APRIL'     '04'
-                                      'MAY'       '05'
-                                      'JUNE'      '06'
-                                      'JULY'      '07'
-                                      'AUGUST'    '08'
-                                      'SEPTEMBER' '09'
-                                      'OCTOBER'   '10'
-                                      'NOVEMBER'  '11'
-                                      'DECEMBER'  '12');
-SET &RPT_YEAR   = EDIT(GETTOK(&RPT_MONTH,&RPT_MONTH.LENGTH,2,',',5,'A5'),'$9999');
-SET &RPT_YR_MTH = &RPT_YEAR || &MONTH_NBR ;
-SET &NXT_YR_MTH     = AYM(&RPT_YR_MTH,1,'I6YYM');
-SET &NXT_MTH_BEG    = &NXT_YR_MTH | '01';
-SET &RPT_MTH_BEG    = &RPT_YR_MTH | '01';
-SET &RPT_MTH_END    = AYMD(&NXT_MTH_BEG,-1,'I8');
-SET &RPT_YEAR_BEG   = &RPT_YEAR | '0101';
-SET &RPT_YEAR_END   = &RPT_YEAR | '1231';

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post