Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Bursting with Dynamic hold name

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Bursting with Dynamic hold name
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to burst a report.I want to hold the main fex file with one dynamic
name.And I want to use that dynamic name Hold file in Dynamic List file for
Report Bursting.
My Main fex .

-SET &ECHO = ALL;
APP HOLD IBISAMP

-SET &HOLD = &BURST_VAL||'REPORT';

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
CAR
SALES
COMPUTE DEST/A20 = COUNTRY|'.xls';
ON TABLE HOLD AS &HOLD FORMAT FOCUS
END

TABLE FILE &HOLD
PRINT
COUNTRY
CAR
SALES
DEST
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
END
-GOTO ENDCOM

-ENDCOM

My Dynamic file .
APP HOLD IBISAMP
-SET &HOLD = &BURST_VAL||'REPORT';

TABLE FILE &HOLD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
PRINT
COUNTRY AS 'VALUE'
DEST
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END
But I am getting error like

Error retrieving records for distribution list:webfocus_test/dyn_file A VALUE IS
MISSING FOR: &BURST_VAL

The value for &BURST_VAL is stored in BOTPARMS table for this schedule.But &BURST_VAL is recognized in my main fex but in dynamic file it is not recognized.
Anything I am missing here ??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF8103 -UNIX,HTML,EXCEL,PDF.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
How is the dynamic file called? Is it a separate schedule?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
No .It is with the same schedule.
I enabled Burst Option from Report Caster and I specified my Dynamic file in Dynamic List under Distribution Information

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The values stored in BOTPARMS for parameters are only available to the scheduled procedure. The values are not available to a procedure creating a Dynamic Distribution List.

You could submit an New Feature Request for this enhancement.

In the meantime, you could have your scheduled procedure write the value of the parameter to a location where it is available to the procedure creating the Dynamic List.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Posts: 45 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 21, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gerry,

My Problem here is before my first schedule complete its bursting my second schedule overwirte my existing hold file.Imagine my first schedule is handling huge data and second one is less data.