Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Could not find the permanent hold file after deleted once
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] Could not find the permanent hold file after deleted once
 Login/Join

posted
Hello folks,

I am to create a permanent hold file in a fex so as to use it later. I am using the APP HOLD command providing the folder name directly (not FILEDEF). While experimenting I deleted the created hold files manually. Now when I create again using the same command it is not working. I cannot see the hold files in the folder.
Can you please suggest where I can check/go wrong.

Regards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 7.7, Developer Studio 7707, Windows 8,Report Caster
Output Format - Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 18 | Registered: December 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Not sure but can you click on applications and click refresh Descendants and check the masters again

or

create a hold file with different name.

WebFOCUS 7.X.X, 8.X.X
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 57 | Registered: February 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Use WHENCE command to see where the file is.
I am guessing you are saving the file as focus.
Long time ago I have seen when using App hold the mas file was created in baseapp n foc file in the folder specified. So I used app hold meta and app hold data commands and it worked properly.

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006

Posts: 74 | Location: UK | Registered: September 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try using
APP HOLDMETA AppFolder
APP HOLDDATA AppFolder
Followed by
WHENCE SynonymName MASTER
WHENCE SynonymName FOCUS

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle Tennessee [8204M Gen48 in Test&Prod] | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post