Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED](FOC3406) WRAP=ON requires an alignment grid for Heading-Type entities

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED](FOC3406) WRAP=ON requires an alignment grid for Heading-Type entities
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I have compound PDF report working fine in WF7703. we are upgrading from WF7703 to WF8105 and am seeing this error as below. i see the compound report is breaking and from error it tells that some issue with WRAP ON setting.

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 7 LINES= 7
(FOC3406) WRAP=ON requires an alignment grid for Heading-Type entities.
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component ABCD
Compound Report is TERMINATING.....
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
Compound Report is TERMINATING.....

I tried to search this in the forum i didn't get much help on this. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank,
Prashanth

Unix-os, WF7X, WF8X

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 7.7.03, Windows XP, PDF,HTML,EXL

Posts: 4 | Location: Bangalore, India | Registered: January 18, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does this happen to every compound pdf file you attempt to migrate or only this one?

Does App Studio give you any errors when you attempt to edit the file? If you can open it without errors, can you run it while in Editor?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply BabaKNYC,

We have 2 compound pdf, one is working fine and other one is throwing error.
The report with error works fine if i unselect the particular section is removed. say i have 10 sections in compound report and say the 5th section is selected its throwing error. if i unselect 5ht section and rest other section works fine.

The 5th section has this issue.
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report:

Am trying to understand what does the "WRAP=ON requires an alignment grid for Heading-Type entities".

i tried to remove the wrap and use squeeze. and trying other options

Thanks, Prashanth

Posts: 4 | Location: Bangalore, India | Registered: January 18, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you opened a case with IB tech support? They can probably trace the problem and tell you what's causing the error.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

The issue is resolved now. I removed the Wrap key from the styling then it started working.

PDF reporting styling also looks good.

Thanks,
Prashanth