Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     problem running reports from Dev Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
problem running reports from Dev Studio
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

When I run any reports on my Unix server through developer Studio (through data server -> EDASERVE), from my desktop, it just opens a blank IE window. When I try the same report through a URL or thru homepage.jsp, the report is running fine. It happens after our Unix admin messed up my admin account's right. Anybody know which folder/file I should look the permission right and how to fix this problem?

Expert
posted Hide Post
JZ,

It looks like everyone is ignoring you. So let me try out some suggestions.

But first, please update your profile signature with your product suite, release, and platforms so that we can better help you.

Now, if your program is running from a browser and not Dev Studio, the first place I would look for a problem is within DS itself as opposed to the reporting server. But first, we need to answer a few questions.

Do you have security turned on in the reporting server?
Do you have a default id stored in the client for EDASERVE.
Are your credentials stored in Show Environments?
Have you run a trace from Dev Studio (wfscomtrace.exe in the DS\bin directory)?

Let us know and maybe we can help you further.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

To answer your question:
1. No, we don't have security turned on in the reporting server.
2. Yes, I have a default id as the admin account stored in the client for EDASERVE.
3. Yes, credentials are stored in the show environments.
4. Yes, I ran the trace from dev studio when the problem started.

Julie

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
But first, please update your profile signature with your product suite, release, and platforms so that we can better help you.

Julie,

Thanks for the answers. Did the DS trace show anything?

If you don't have security turned on in the reporting server, you don't need to store credentials in Show Environments. And I made the assumption that you are running from Data Servers. If that is not correct, let me know.

If the DS trace doesn't show an error, the only other thing I can think of, off-hand, is for you to check the permissions on the focexec and directory where it resides. Make sure that 'world' has read permissions. Let me know if you need more detail on this.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,
The trace doesn't show an error. I was working with WF tech support person on the phone this morning and we fix the problem by swithing Message viewer OFF when run the report from Dev Studio. But we still don't have any explaination about the problem as my prod server runs fine eith use message view OFF or ON from dev studio.
I still believe this is the permssion issue. But right now, I will leave it alone.
Thanks for your help!

Julie

Guru
posted Hide Post
Julie,

Please make sure that the server has been added to the list of Trusted sites or Intranet (not IntErnet) sites in IE.

This generally overcomes the issue you are seeing.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post