Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     GUI available or should be hard coded?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
GUI available or should be hard coded?
 Login/Join

<Shylaja>
posted
I am new to WebFOCUS and Reporting.

Using WebFOCUS Developer studio 7.
Need to create a report in the html format, with drop downs and radio buttons. where these drop downs are being populated from data fetched from a DS.
I need to know if this could be done using GUI with in the tool or it should be hard coded.

please reply to this and help me out...

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You firts should create the report with the needed variables (using the gui) and then create the HTML page with also the GUI.
Once the page is finished you can (carefully) change the HTML page.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hi Shylaja,

Welcome to this forum. We will try to help you the best way we can. For starters, can you please update your signature so we can see which WF version you are using exactly. This way people can help you beter.

Now your question.....
First do as Frank says. Make your report with the necessary variables. Once this is working ok, you can start creating your html page with the GUI provided in Dev.Studio. In your html page your going to build you can embed your procedure (I'm not a fun of that) or you can just reference the procedure. In both cases the GUI will the scan your procedure to find all the variables you need an input for and put them in a list on the screen. In that list you can change it to a list box, combobox, radio button, etc. When done click ok and all the objects will be created in the html page. Now for each object you can then specify how it should populated. Hard coded, dynamicly from a file or even from a fex, what every you prefer.
For more information on how to do all of that, I recommend to read the help files in Dev. Studio.

Hope this helps,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <JJI>,

Report This Post
<Shylaja>
posted
Thanks,
I have a template of the report I need to develop. It is an inline report, it has the HTML as well as the FOCUS code embedded in the .fex file.
There is a dropdown box that needs to populated from a DB2 DS dynamically.
Please help me out with some inputs to do the same.

Regards,
Shylaja

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like this?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
COMPUTE OPTION/A128 = '<option value="' || COUNTRY || '">' || COUNTRY || '</option>'; AS ''
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON TABLE HOLD AS CNTRYS FORMAT ALPHA
END

-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<title>Car File Lookup</title>
</head>
<body >
 <form action="http://rptdev01.ejgallo.com:080/ibi_apps/WFServlet" method="post"/>
 <input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="final_fex"/>
 Pick a Country:  <select name="CTY" >
!IBI.FIL.CNTRYS;
  </select>
 <input type="submit" value="Run final_fex"/>
 <form>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post