Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FML Specific Column Calculations

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FML Specific Column Calculations
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi all,
trying my hand at FML reporting. Got a good start and kind of getting it, but need a little help.
Trying to apply calculations to specific columns with specific formats in each (if possible), but one column is not calculating.
Below is code I have (some from GUI). Everythis is ok except column 4 is not displaying any values for my "WHAT_IF" and "INCR" defined rows. But column 3 is fine (except with this code is formatting as D12CM when I want I8C):

TABLE FILE M1440A
SUM
LP_ID_CNT/I8C
ACCT_CNT/I8C
CURR_BAL_AMT/D12CM
FOR
DISP
'PLAN' AS 'No Contact' LABEL NO_CONTACT OVER
'RESP' AS 'Contact' LABEL CONTACT OVER
BAR OVER
'PLAN' OR 'RESP' AS 'Total Email' LABEL EMAIL_TOT OVER
'CONTROL' AS 'Control' LABEL CONTROL OVER
RECAP CTL_EM(2)/I8C=EMAIL_TOT / CONTROL;
CTL_EM(3)/D12CM=EMAIL_TOT / CONTROL;
OVER
RECAP WHAT_IF(3)/I8C=CONTROL * CTL_EM(2);
WHAT_IF(4)/D12CM=CONTROL * CTL_EM(2);
AS 'What If Control=Email' OVER
RECAP INCR(3)/I8C=EMAIL_TOT - WHAT_IF;
INCR(4)/D12CM=EMAIL_TOT - WHAT_IF;
AS 'Incremental Gain'
ON TABLE SET FORMULTIPLE ON
END

thanks,
BobV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Gold member
posted Hide Post
All-
I figure this out on my own, sorry for the knee jerk posting.
I updated my code using different column identifiers. Although the columns I need to calculate on the report output appear to be 3 and 4, I used 4 and 6. Don't understand this, but I'll just have to play around with it in the future knowing this:

TABLE FILE M1440A
SUM
LP_ID_CNT/I8C
ACCT_CNT/I8C
CURR_BAL_AMT/D12CM
FOR
DISP
'PLAN' AS 'No Contact' LABEL NO_CONTACT OVER
'RESP' AS 'Contact' LABEL CONTACT OVER
BAR OVER
'PLAN' OR 'RESP' AS 'Total Email' LABEL EMAIL_TOT OVER
'CONTROL' AS 'Control' LABEL CONTROL OVER