Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTML format problem - Web Services, Report Caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML format problem - Web Services, Report Caster
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I'm using Web services to return a report that has been run by Report Caster and stored in the Report Library. I have set the report format as HTMTABLE and made sure HTMLCSS is set to OFF. When I run the report from Developer Studio it returns the HTML that I want. However, when I call the report from my web page using web services it returns HTML, HEAD and BODY tags etc. This is not really acceptable as I am embedding the report into an existing HTML page.

In Report Caster, the report Format that I have selected is HTML - Web Page (*.htm, *.html) under the task tab. Is it this thats causing the problem? I can't see a option for returning just the HTMTABLE.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Micheal

Guru
posted Hide Post
Micheal,

Yes the selection of HTML in Caster is causing the problem. Think of it as if caster is copying your fex and replace the on table hold with it's own on table hold.

Options
1) Live with HTML
2) Create a NFR and wait for ibi to put it in
3) use FORMAT ALPHA and build the HTML yourself

Why do you need HTMLTABLE?

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

posted Hide Post
quote:
Fernando

Hello Fernando

Thanks for the reply. I would like to use HTMTABLE as this just returns the table HTML not the HTML, HEAD, BODY tags etc. As I want to embed the report into an existing HTML page I only want the table HTML.

I'll have a look at FORMAT ALPHA.

Regards

Micheal

Expert
posted Hide Post
Michael,

Instead of accepting RCs output options, just force the issue by FILEDEFing the resultant output to a location on your Client machine (the one with IIS on it) and then have ON TABLE HOLD AS filedefd_name FORMAT HTMTABLE.

Refer to the held file within your existing Web page.

FILEDEF myhtml DISK somewhere_on_your_client_server
-RUN
TABLE FILE filename
PRINT some stuff
BY etc.
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE HOLD AS myhtml FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
your style code
ENDSTYLE
END

This should work but I haven't tried it.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Michael,

Tony's anwser, gave me an idea. Report caster looks for the last hold to replace. You may want to try doing your hold to a HTMTABLE using a filedef and then another query after that. Report Caster may do the first hold then use the second as the output of the email, etc.

By the way, I would still ask for the New Feature. However, it would not be Format HTMTABLE, it would be something like "no change" (In other words, don't change what the developer was done).

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03