Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Quirk when writing essages in the forum

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Quirk when writing essages in the forum
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Has anyone else noticed tha sometimes characters ge dropped when typing here in the forum? I have to go bac and check everything twice since I upgraded to Win 7 and IE 8 ...

I'm only a 2-finger typist as well, so excessive speed can't be the cause. - And yes, I did notice the "m" missing in th header, ad the other ones incuded here. These are typical examples ....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am primarily on a Win XP/FF 4 environment, but I also use Win 7/IE 8 and I haven't had this issue.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm on XP/IE 6, and do have this issue, but I think its my fungers that are the issue.

Big Grin

Perhaps its not my fongers, but something else, I'll keep tabs on it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
? happen any where else.

Had this problem sometimes because of a sticky key board.
Otherwise it's normaly been because of the same issue as Waz.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I've awlyas blmaed it on my dyslexic kebyaord ....

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thank god that others have this problem. I thought that I was the only one.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to think that is it a requirement for using WebFOCUS.

TABEL FLIE CAR
PRITN COUNRTY
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Wake up, Australia!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<FreSte>
posted
And it keeps on working ...
All you have to do is build up a veeerrrryyyyy looooong list with all the errors
your keyboard makes
Sweating

LET TABEL = TABLE
LET FLIE = FILE
LET PRITN = PRINT
LET COUNRTY = COUNTRY

TABEL FLIE CAR
PRITN COUNRTY
END

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
or only use the GUI when you create a report

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post

quote:
LET TABEL = TABLE

I knew someone who did this in their training, and confused the instructor to no end.

Big Grin

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
I remember writing "TFC", as an abbreviation for "TABLE FILE CAR", on the board during Top Gun Training at 1250 Broadway (IBI's location at the time) which led to a discussion about the LET command. I only did the TFC as not to write out the complete TABLE FILE CAR. But, something good always (normally) comes out of everything...

Just some thoughts... Roll Eyes

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post