Focal Point
Data Migrator procedure

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5021057213

January 06, 2009, 02:58 PM
ESky
Data Migrator procedure
Hi,

I am new to Data Migrator.

My question is after creating a procedure via Data Migrator console, I can not see it in iWay Adapter Designer.

I am not sure if I need to expose the procedure in order to make it visible or something else needed to be done.

Any help appreciated.

Denis

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core
January 06, 2009, 04:42 PM
Frans
Hi ESKy,

Did you allready read some documentation about datamigrator or did you get some courses?

Here's a usefull document

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde..._dm_762/i_dm_762.pdf

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
January 06, 2009, 08:33 PM
ESky
Thanks Frans for the document.

I have checked out (kinda) the document. I have not found anything related to my issue.

I am sure this might be a pretty simple question, but for a new user of DM it's hard for me figure out even though the question appears to be simple.

Would u please point me to the portion I should pay more attention on.

Thanks,

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core
January 07, 2009, 12:52 PM
Darin Lee
I know people sometimes cross-post because the WF forum gets more attention than the iWay forum, but you might get a more helpful response it you posted this in the iWay forum where the Data Migrator users like to play.

The DM procedures you create are usually stored in an application directory on the DM Server so if you look under that server/applications/ and the appropriate application directory, it should be listed under procedures. Now I'm not quite sure why you are looking for a procedure using the Adapter Designer. ??

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat