Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] image in pdf document

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] image in pdf document
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am having trouble with the positioning of the image. Fields are overlaying image. I have tried different X & Y positions but nothing seams to work. What am I doing wrong???
My Code
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
BY LAST_NAME NOPRINT
BY FIRST_NAME NOPRINT

ON FIRST_NAME PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
""
HEADING
""""ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
TOPMARGIN=0.500000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
PAGEMATRIX=(3 5),
ELEMENT=(4.000000 1.000000),
GUTTER=(0.180556 0.000000),
MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL,
$
LABELPROMPT=OFF,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
IMAGE=app/ppmoh.gif,
POSITION=(+0.000000 +0.000000),
$
TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=1,
BACKCOLOR='SILVER',
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
BACKCOLOR='GRAY',
STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When you post code, you should put it inside of
[code]
[/code]

markers - that way none of it disappears.

What is it you are trying to do with that image? Is it supposed to appear on each of the labels? If so it should be in the TYPE=HEADING, not TYPE=TABHEADING. Also, FOCUS does not reserve a spot for the image to appear. You have to do that yourself by inserting blank lines or spot markers to move your fields out of the way of the image. Otherwise it just appears in the exact location you specify without regard to whether or not any other components (heading, fields, etc.) appear there as well.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What is the issue? You say you are having a problem but you do not specify what the issue is.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes Mickey, problem was specified (fields are overlaying the image or vice versa).
The following example uses the same logic as above, only now with an image I do have:
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
BY LAST_NAME NOPRINT
BY FIRST_NAME NOPRINT
ON FIRST_NAME PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
"</5"
"<FIRST_NAME <LAST_NAME"
"<ADDRESS_LN1"
"<ADDRESS_LN2"
"<ADDRESS_LN3"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='Letter',
     LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
     TOPMARGIN=0.500000,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
     PAGEMATRIX=(3 5),
     ELEMENT=(3.700000 2.000000),
     MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     IMAGE=smplogo1.gif,
     POSITION=(+0.0000 +0.0000),
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=7,
     BACKCOLOR='SILVER',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Main differences here:
1. You have to allocate space for the image by adding heading lines, as per Darin.
2. You also have to provide more vertical space for the matrix cells.
And with this code you get a nice matrix of data that has no more overlaps.
Of course, you'll have to play around a bit with the values for your own situation.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Something like this:
TYPE=HEADING, IMAGE=MYIMAGE.GIF, POSITION(0.0 0.1),$
will give you this (the image in the upper left corner).

Play around with the values for POSTION and the placement of you heading text (I used HEADING CENTER).

See you at Summit Smiler

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I only want to the image to appear at the top of the page, not for every record. I tried several of the suggestion and my data is still overlaying the image.

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
-*TYPE=HEADING,LINE=2,STYLE=BOLD,BACKCOLOR='SILVER', $
BY LAST_NAME NOPRINT
BY FIRST_NAME NOPRINT

ON FIRST_NAME PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
""
HEADING
"<FIRST_NAME <LAST_NAME"
"<ADDRESS_LN1"
"<ADDRESS_LN2"
"<ADDRESS_LN3"
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='Letter',
     LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
     TOPMARGIN=0.500000,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
     PAGEMATRIX=(3 5),
      ELEMENT=(4.000000 1.000000),
      MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL,
 $
     LABELPROMPT=OFF,
 $
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
     IMAGE=app/ppmoh.gif,
     POSITION=(+0.000000 +0.000000),
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     BACKCOLOR='SILVER',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
     BACKCOLOR='GRAY',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

I need pdf output for this

This message has been edited. Last edited by: baxj89,

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
The code that you last posted puts an image once on the top left corner of the page, with the first employee's data printing over the image.

You can have the text of your report starting lower by increasing the number of blank lines in the report heading:

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
" "
" "
" "
" "
" "

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
" "
" "
" "
" "
" "

That takes care of the first column but column 2 and 3 still overlay the image.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have an image that goes right across the page?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Set the top margin for the actual data. Position the image above the top margin by using negative positioning:

-* baxj89001.fex
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
BY LAST_NAME NOPRINT
BY FIRST_NAME NOPRINT

ON FIRST_NAME PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
""

HEADING
"<FIRST_NAME <LAST_NAME"
"<ADDRESS_LN1"
"<ADDRESS_LN2"
"<ADDRESS_LN3"

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='Letter', LEFTMARGIN=0.250000, TOPMARGIN=1.250000, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $

PAGEMATRIX=(3 5), ELEMENT=(4.0 1.0), GUTTER=(0.180556 0.0), MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL, $
LABELPROMPT=OFF, $

TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, IMAGE=ias_logo.jpg, POSITION=(+0.0 -1.0), $
TYPE=TABHEADING, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=1, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, BACKCOLOR='SILVER', STYLE=BOLD, $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, BACKCOLOR='GRAY', STYLE=BOLD, $
ENDSTYLE

END
-RUN

Ideally I'd like to remove the report heading (ON TABLE SUBHEAD) because the first employee in the matrix is positioned one line below the others in the first matrix row, but removing the report heading removes the image as well. One solution would be to make the font size of the report heading (TABHEADING) very small - font size 1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I applied the suggestions you made and it works great. If you would not mind I have a couple more questions. Is it possible to repeat the image on each page? & Is it possible to put a title between the image and the data? or if you could point me to the documentation on my questions.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I don't think there's any documentation about applying images in a Matrix (Labels) type report, you could play around or open a case with IBI Tech Support.

There's the new PDF Composer tool in DevStudio that *may* help, but I'd be surprised it works with Matrix type reports.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Here you go, using a counter (3 x 5 = 15), HEADING instead of TABHEADING and WHEN:

-* baxj89002.fex

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
PRINT
COMPUTE COUNTER/D5 = IF COUNTER EQ 15 THEN 1 ELSE COUNTER + 1; NOPRINT

BY LASTNAME NOPRINT
BY FIRSTNAME NOPRINT

ON FIRSTNAME PAGE-BREAK

HEADING
"<FIRSTNAME <LASTNAME"
"<TITLE"
"<DIV"
"<DEPT"

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='Letter', LEFTMARGIN=0.250000, TOPMARGIN=1.250000, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $

PAGEMATRIX=(3 5), ELEMENT=(4.0 1.0), GUTTER=(0.180556 0.0), MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL, $
LABELPROMPT=OFF, $

TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9, $
TYPE=HEADING, IMAGE=ias_logo.jpg, POSITION=(+0.0 -1.0), WHEN=COUNTER EQ 1, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, BACKCOLOR='SILVER', STYLE=BOLD, $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, BACKCOLOR='GRAY', STYLE=BOLD, $
ENDSTYLE

END
-RUN

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
You don't mention the release that you are on (of did I miss that?). I'm surprised no-one has picked that up!

Look up the document composer syntax as that will give you the total control that you strive for.

T (At Summit 09 Wink)

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, will the Document Composer syntax handle the PAGEMATRIX syntax? Multiple "pages" generated by PAGE-BREAK on the same physical page?

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony A:
You don't mention the release that you are on (of did I miss that?). I'm surprised no-one has picked that up!

Look up the document composer syntax as that will give you the total control that you strive for.

T (At Summit 09 Wink)

I updated my profile. Is it ok know?

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
will the Document Composer syntax handle the PAGEMATRIX syntax
No, but the composer is so much more than that, you can set overflow page options, boxes, lines, text, pictures. The only requirement is that each page section has to contain a report output section. Soooooooo simple it's unbelievable. I now use it in preference to the old compound syntax and admittedly I don't generally use PAGEMATRIX but I do find composer suits all of our end user requirements.

T at Nashville

p.s. I am glad to see that someones holding the fort - shame you couldn't make it - hope everything is OK.

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
unbelievable
that it works flawlessly!

We're fine here while you're having fun in the sun...

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Forecast today is 50% chance of rain and thunderstorms Frowner I'm off back to Texas tomorrow where there's some sun!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
document composer syntax

How do you access the document composer. I am not seeing it in the drop down box create in??????

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's called "Composer (Layout)" in the Dev Studio New Procedure dialog box.

Tony suggests writing code that is normally generated by the Composer tool, but it certainly is a good idea to try doing it with the GUI - this is new to v7.6.

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2,...
SET COMPONENT='report1'
SET COMPONENT='report2'
COMPOUND END

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have version 7.6.5 and I am not seeing it in the drop down menu. Is it something extra you have to pay for????

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
In 7.6.5, it is still called the PDF Layout Painter. You must access it as a 'new' program to see it in the dropdown or use the posts above as reference as code it by hand.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Is there any examples or documentation on the pdf layout painter on how to use the GUI?? I found very little in the help index fo dev studio.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
The documentation is in the "Creating Reports with Graphical Tools" manual. This is how I learned to use the tool, by doing the examples.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post