Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Master detail report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Master detail report
 Login/Join

<new2focus>
posted
I have these 3 tables. The item master itself will have master and child records in it (item_id=m_item_id).

ITEMS_MASTER
------------
item_id
category
m_item_id
upc_ean
sale_unit
case_pack
sell_size
description

ITEM_COST
---------
m_item_id
cost_zone
start_date
end_date
net_cost

ITEM_PRICE
----------
m_item_id
cost_zone
start_date
end_date
retail
margin

I need to create a report in the following format.

(display all the child items if it has any.)
(Then display the price and cost information as follows with titles order by cost_zone for the current m_item_id - The number of rows in item_price and item_cost can be different for the same item.)

Start Date End Date Net Cost | Start Date End Date Retail Margin
---------- -------- -------- | ---------- -------- ------ --------
01/01/2005 01/20/2005 $1.04 | 01/01/2005 01/20/2005 $1.27 24.8%
01/21/2005 02/15/2005 $0.97 | 01/21/2005 02/15/2005 $1.17 22.4%
02/16/2005 03/01/2005 $1.04 | 02/16/2005 $1.27 24.8%
03/02/2005 $1.03 |

Report This Post
<new2focus>
posted
Could anyone give me some ideas on how to create this report please?

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
How are you trying to create these reports? (ie MRE or Dev Studio) Do you know what type of database back-end you have? If you do could you just simple write an SQL pass-through? This maybe easier for you since you will only need to use FOCUS to make the report look pretty.

If you don't want to write SQL the one thing that comes to mind on how to get the information you want is to do a multi verb request. This would show a summarized and detail report all on one report.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<new2focus>
posted
Thanks for your reply Curtis. The backend is Oracle 9i and needs to create it on dev studio. This report will be called (included) as the part of a main compound report. I recently started working with Webfocus and have got very little experience on it. Could you please provide me with any examples of SQL-pass through and multi verb request?

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here is some sample code to do an SQL pass-through:
SQL SQLORA<br />SELECT<br />'X' HI<br />FROM DUAL<br />;<br />TABLE<br />END
Here is some sample code for a multi verb request.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
RETAIL_COST
BY
COUNTRY
SUM
RETAIL_COST
BY
COUNTRY
BY
CAR
PRINT
RETAIL_COST
BY
COUNTRY
BY
CAR
BY
MODEL
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<new2focus>
posted
Thanks Curtis! I will try this. Have a nice afternoon!

Report This Post