Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Loss of changes while building a report in App Studio 8.1.05

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Loss of changes while building a report in App Studio 8.1.05
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am having trouble finding any information on InfoResponse for the issue that we are experiencing so I wonder if you can let me know if anyone else has reported anything similar

Intermittently, we see the case where we are building a report in App Studio, save changes, get back in later and the changes are gone.

I don't even know where to start to investigate so at this point I just want to know if you have heard of this scenario

The ONLY thing I have done is to look in EDAPRINT (at the time of the 'save') to see if there are any errors and I do not see anything

Thanks for you help and do you have any idea of how to proceed?

Thanks!

Melodie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Linux
iWAY Reporting Servers on MVS
iWAY Reporting Servers on AIX

Posts: 4 | Location: Warren, New Jersey | Registered: March 30, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What WebFOCUS? Could there be a mismatch between App Studio and your Reporting Server?

Is this random or does it happen to a specific user? I haven't run into this before so you'll have to do some detective work to narrow it down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you may be losing the network connection to your server while saving, or perhaps someone else is saving the same file at the same time?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Melodie

I have seen where you loose the connection to the reporting server, make changes, and save the report. Everything looks fine but you end up loosing the modifications. This is an issue with Windows 7 loosing the handshake with Microsoft framework (App Studio is written with) so thank MS and IB for this one. Save often and restart App Studio often.

Sorry for the bad news but you may not find this occurring in Windows 8 but you will have other issues.

Thanks Barry Solomon

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 08, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Melodie

One thing that you can do is open a second instance of App Studio and check to see if the changes have been saved and if not just cut the modified code and paste it into the newly opened App Studio.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 08, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This happened a lot when i was using DevStudio. I would lose everything. I would close and open the fex again and it would be blank. This happened a lot during backups. I haven't seen it much in appstudio. I do believe it is a windows disconnect. If you suspect that it has happened to you before you close. Save a copy in some text file before you close. That way you can close AppStudio and open it back up, you have your code saved somewhere.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post