Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Restict the subdirectories while mapping an application

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Restict the subdirectories while mapping an application
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

We have a profile that contains something like

APP MAP data D:\Product\Data

APP PREPENDPATH data

The issue we are having is that, webFocus 8.1.03 is mapping all the underlying subdirectories under the 'Data' as well and we do not want to do that. So, is there a way to restrict mapping of subdirectories?

Note: We did not face this kind of issue when we are in v7.6.11

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS
7703/7705/8105m/8201m/8202m

Posts: 99 | Registered: September 10, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What product? In my world, the only things that relates would be Portals and their access to reports. Please clarify.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Gavin,

WF Reporting Server v8.1.03. I am talking about restricting the subfolders that are mapped by edasprof.prf

Hope i answered your question.

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this is a very good question, and am a bit dismayed that things changed this drastically.

BUT!

Check the documentation for APP PREPENDPATH:

quote:
APP PREPENDPATH app1[/] [app2[/]] ...
[appn[/]]
where:

app1...appn
Are application names. If you follow an application name with a slash (/), nested applications (the subtree of applications below the named application) will not be in the search path. If you do not follow the application name with a slash, the nested_app parameter determines whether nested applications are searched for files referenced in a procedure, and to what level. If you need to specify more application names than can fit on one line, add the continuation character (-) at the end of the first line, and code more application names on the next line.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

i looked into it. But lets say i have subfolders 'subapp1' and 'subapp2', in addition to some files/fex's inside 'app1' application. I wanted the server to access or search only files/fex's in app1 but not subfolders inside it.

So, when i provide APP PREPENDPATH app1, How do i restrict access to subapp1 and subapp2?

I hope i am explaining the issue as clearly as possible.

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
How did you do it in WF v7.6.11? Let's start with that as a base.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
APP MAP app1 D:\Product\app1\
APP MAP subapp1 D:\Product\app1\subapp1\
APP MAP subapp2 D:\Product\app1\subapp2\

APP PREPENDPATH app1/ subapp1/ subapp2/

The slashes in the PREPENDPATH will prevent nested applications from being searched. I haven't tried this but this is my interpretation of the documentaion.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Your idea seems to be working. How do i implement directly on edasprof.prf. It has APP PATH

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just add these commands after the APP MAP.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

It worked perfect and just the way i wanted.

But still not sure why IBI added this extra step. My prior version did all automatically and simple.

Thanks again.

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the prior version.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In prior version v7.6.11, in edasprof.srf, we have

APP MAP app1 D:\Product\app1
APP PATH app1

So, it just results D:\Product\app1 and does not include the subfolders 'subapp1'

In v8.1.03, when we declare the same commands as we did in v7.6.11 we ended up getting

D:\Product\app1
D:\Product\app1\subapp1

So, in order to restrict the subfolders, we now have to declare it as

APP MAP app1 D:\Product\app1
APP PATH app1/

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
I suppose the change in behaviour could be considered a "new feature".

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would consider it as an additional maintenance and a heads up to the users who are considering to migrate to the newer versions. Probably they wont even notice until you end up getting wrong results, which is how i stumbled into this issue.

WebFOCUS

Expert
posted Hide Post
I was being facetious.

The v7.6.1 documentation does not discuss the trailing slash.
The v7.7.03 documentation discusses the trailing slash, so it's been around a while.

Francis

posted Hide Post
There is also a setting thru WebFocus reporting server console. Under application settings, nested_app. Set the value to 'n'. Once that was set, we did not have to change any of our pathing commands.

WebFocus 7.6.6, Win2k, Excel, PDF, Flat files, XML, HTML, Flex 1.0.1

Posts: 7 | Location: Bloomfield, CT | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Setting the value to 'n worked for us too.

Good to know that there are 2 ways of doing it.

Thank you all for your replies.

WebFOCUS