Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] file is not visible from the Webfocus DevStudio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] file is not visible from the Webfocus DevStudio
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
file is not visible from the Webfocus DevStudio
we can see the .dat file from UNIX boxes...but cannot see it through the Dev studio...

can someone assist me

Thanks Inadvance...

Cheers,
Rocky

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Where is DS are you looking.

Projects on ?? or WebFOCUS Environments ...

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Projects on localhost

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Right-click on the project and select Properties. Go to the Filters tab and make sure that .dat files are in the list. If not, you can add the type.

BTW, I don't recommend Projects for a UNIX implementation. It writes all the files owned by root. However, if you are doing local deployment on your personal machine, there is no problem.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ginny,
Thanks
Do you mean IBI demonstartion->right click->properties->edit filters->add new filter type->what should i type there...

On an other note..Can i do it or ask my SME to do it...

Please advice

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
So you have your files on UNIX and to be able to see the files in DS. Does that mean that the UNIX directory is mapped to the windows PC DS is on ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The concern is we are not able to view these files from Web focus DevStudio and hence can not update. As the access to the UNIX box in all the three environments has been revoked and we update the files from Web focus Dev Studio.please let us know how we can update the same from Web Focus Dev Studio.

But i have access to UNIX boxes...i can see them ...But from Dev Studio...
I cannot...

As per Ginny...
I think i have to add the file type...

But i donno whats next...
As i am new to Webfocus...I need the basics...

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am sorry....
Its clear now...
under
WebFOCUS Environments -> Stage -> Data Servers -> EDASERVE -> Applications -> xebwbf(Application name)...
we dont see the .dat file....
we can see it in UNIX boxes but we could not view the file in Dev studio...
Pls advice...
Thanks in advance

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Rocky, under xebwbf there should be several folders, one of them should be Other, the dat file should be in there.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Exactly Waz...
But unfortunately we dont see .dat file under OTHERS....

thats the issue we are trying to figure out...

Can you tell me how....
we can copy that .dat file from unix box to dev studio.....
so that developers can edist the .dat file accordingly

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Rocky, what access do you still have ?

For our Unix boxes, we can access via SFTP.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Waz I can ask the unix admin(who has root privilages) to do it.

But can we copy the .dat file from unix boxes to Dev studio.
If yes..
How can we do pls give clear idea..

Thanks allot

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
YOU DON'T NEED TO COPY "that .dat file from unix box to dev studio" - DEV STUDIO POINTS TO FILES ON THE UNIX BOX. YOU HAVE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF WHY THE .DAT FILES ARE NOT DISPLAYED IN THE "Other" FOLDER.

DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH ANY OTHER KINDS OF FILES? MAS, FEX, STY, HTML, CSS, ETC?

ARE THERE ACTUALLY ANY .DAT FILES IN THE ENVIRONMENT'S APP FOLDER ON THE UNIX SERVER?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes all the other files like MAS,STY,ACX are present in this application folders only Dat File is missing...

Yes 100% the dat file is present in UNIX box.
But missing in Dev studio...

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you get desperate enough, you can rename the files as .fex. Dumb solution, but it should work.

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
dwf,
Please be clear.
As I am new to Webfocus..

Thanks

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please post a sample name of a .dat file on the UNIX server.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
rptfield.dat
this one is the one which we can see in STG env dev studio and UNIX box as well...

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please provide the name of a dat file that you CANNOT see in Dev Studio!

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The same file rptfield.dat..

This is the one we cannot see in all the three env in Dev Studio UNTIL YESTERDAY NIGHT..

Suddenly...
We started seeing the above file in STG env but cannot see in Dev studio for other ENVs

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I like where you are going Francis

FYI, we had a file created in Unix that you could see in the Unix file system, but could not from windows, as the file name had a '\' in the name.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Waz,
pls be clear

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
An app in one of our unix environments created a file which had a backslash in the name. You could not see from DS.

I just tested it again, the filename was "bad\file.dat"

Perhaps there is an issue with the file name ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just a very stupid question, but maybe it helps.
Have you looked at the file permissions on the unix box?
Is there a difference in the permission between the file that you can see and the file that you can't see? (ls -al will show you)
If they are set in such a way that the file is not visible from the outside world, then DS will not see it. Well, it's not DS of course, since that product does not have direct access to the machine, but the filelist is built by the unix counterpart of DS (Webserver, app server or EDA server).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ya...
I checked it..
No use...
Any how thanks you all for helping me out...
We are taking thsi issue to IBI...

Thanks once again

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output