Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Whoa! I'm Gold!
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I guess 50 is gold. It would be great though if it only counts "solutions" to posts and not questions... I feel like I don't deserve that Gold status since I have 95% questions and only 5% solutions. Big Grin

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes you are right, also silly answers like this one count to become a master....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

However, if it were not for people like yourself that ask for assistance once you have exhausted looking through manuals and previous postings, there would not be a host of valuable information within this Forum from which others can learn.

There are a couple of exceptions such as when you know that the answer to a new question has been posed before, with several good answers, but the individual posing the question displays -

• an obvious lack of research through the drastically improved search facilities
  • a distinct lack of training from their management (this is not the fault of the individual unless they do not press for training)
  • no details of platform and release on their signature (despite pleadings by various members!)
  • an obvious attempt to get their work done by someone else

Of course these are my thoughts alone (although I know that some are shared by others), are not exhaustive, and they do not necessarily represent the views of the Forum management.

So well done Anatess and like minded posters that DO reasearch, try and help themselves first and take the time to post progress and/or a resolution for their problem.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Applause Tony! Nice Speech. Smiler

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What is criteria to make you gold

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
50 Posts to the forum

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
IHF

The first criteria to make you gold is fill in your personal signature....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Platinum!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This brings to mind -

"Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool!"

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kryptonite!
say, did you know that the REVERSE function isn't in the Using Functions Manual?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alas, I am only but a wee little Master. Someday I shall become a Virtuoso. Like maybe in a few years.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
But Mickey, you're over half way there Smiler and that was one more post in your total Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Guru
posted Hide Post
And that was exactly my point... pretty soon, uh, in like 10 years... I'll be a virtuoso... with 995 questions and 5 proposed solutions. And everybody would think I'm at the same level as Tony, Francis, or Susannah, who, by the way, I'm still thinking needs IBI retainer fees...

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It's not your status that matters but more the valuable solutions/discussions you bring into the forum.
On the flip side, with or without their status as Virtuoso everyone knows that Tony, Francis & Susannah rock!

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.0 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.12 (standalone)/Informix on AIX
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.16 (standalone)/Informix on AIX

Posts: 53 | Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada | Registered: February 13, 2006Report This Post