Focal Point
[SOLVED] App Studio - calendar control JavaScript errors?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5057060876

August 26, 2015, 12:51 PM
Draven
[SOLVED] App Studio - calendar control JavaScript errors?
Hi,

Complete Noob here...and that might be an understatement. I'm trying to create a very simple report in App Studio (8104), coming from my comfort zone of SQL Reporting, and I'm running into all kinds of issues. Hoping someone can shed some light on them.

First off, is there any way to have a calendar control in InfoAssist?

There didn't appear to be one, so I switched to App Studio. I created a very simple report with several filters (two of which being dates). The report appears to work fine on its own (at this point the date filters appear as text boxes).

I then created an HTML file which includes this report. On import of the report all the filters were auto-generated, and I set the date filters to use the calendar control. So far looks good. When I try to run the HTML page however, if the date boxes are blank by default, when I click the date picker and try to select a date I get this error message ("Unable to get property 'toUpperCase' of undefined or null reference") and this JavaScript file (ib_composer.js) is referenced. If there are default dates set, then I immediately get the error upon clicking the date picker (the calendar won't even show up).

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize in advance if I’ve left out any required information.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
August 26, 2015, 01:02 PM
Francis Mariani
Draven,

Welcome to PocalPoint.

You've provided all the correct and enough information.

The "Canvas" or HTML Composer is supposed to make it easy (and since WF v8 foolproof) to create HTML parameter pages. The errors you see shouldn't happen - I would open a case with Tech Support.

I'm very sorry you're experiencing this issues - even a Complete Noob shouldn't have to go through this.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 26, 2015, 01:10 PM
MattC
What browser and version are you using?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
August 26, 2015, 01:58 PM
Draven
Francis, thank you very much. I will look into opening a case.

Matt, App Studio 8104 and IE 11

Thanks
August 26, 2015, 02:55 PM
MattC
Ok, I know I had issues with App Studio and running HTML, but I was using IE 8.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
August 26, 2015, 04:16 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm not sure if 8.1.04 is certified with IE 11.

here's another thing that the "Canvas" cannot do - work with the latest version of the browsers.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 26, 2015, 04:21 PM
Draven
Alright, thank you both for the help. I'll keep working at it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no calendar control in InfoAssist right?
August 27, 2015, 08:43 AM
MAdams1
App Studio and the calendar control work fine for me in IE11. The calendar is HUGE though so I have to add this code to the onInitialUpdate function to make it a little smaller.

$(".ui-datepicker").css("font-size","7pt"); 

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML
August 27, 2015, 11:50 AM
Francis Mariani
While it does work with IE11, you may have to be concerned with "Standards Mode" and "Transitional Mode"...

Take a look at Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS.

Francis

August 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
StuBouyer
Draven,

There was (still is?) a bug in AS HTML "Canvas" where there was no default date format set for new Calendar controls. This would give the same error message that you report.

The quick fix was to check the properties of the Calendar control and make sure it is set to the same date format as your data is in (ie YYMD or MDYY or DMYY).

Ad in answer to your question "First off, is there any way to have a calendar control in InfoAssist?"
Unfortunately not. InfoAssist currently doesn't allow you to set up HTML controls for parameters. This is something I would really like to see - and something that the Sales team forgets to mention.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)
September 01, 2015, 04:51 PM
Draven
Stu, that was it!!!
I set the default date format and the errors are now gone!
Thank you so much

And thank you to everyone who tried to help.
September 02, 2015, 09:10 PM
StuBouyer
I think that the "bug" may be related to the system Region and Language Format as I've only seen it on my laptop - set to "English (Australia)" but not on the vmware images which are left at "English (United States)".

Glad you got it working

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)