Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio - calendar control JavaScript errors?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio - calendar control JavaScript errors?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Complete Noob here...and that might be an understatement. I'm trying to create a very simple report in App Studio (8104), coming from my comfort zone of SQL Reporting, and I'm running into all kinds of issues. Hoping someone can shed some light on them.

First off, is there any way to have a calendar control in InfoAssist?

There didn't appear to be one, so I switched to App Studio. I created a very simple report with several filters (two of which being dates). The report appears to work fine on its own (at this point the date filters appear as text boxes).

I then created an HTML file which includes this report. On import of the report all the filters were auto-generated, and I set the date filters to use the calendar control. So far looks good. When I try to run the HTML page however, if the date boxes are blank by default, when I click the date picker and try to select a date I get this error message ("Unable to get property 'toUpperCase' of undefined or null reference") and this JavaScript file (ib_composer.js) is referenced. If there are default dates set, then I immediately get the error upon clicking the date picker (the calendar won't even show up).

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize in advance if I’ve left out any required information.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Draven,

Welcome to PocalPoint.

You've provided all the correct and enough information.

The "Canvas" or HTML Composer is supposed to make it easy (and since WF v8 foolproof) to create HTML parameter pages. The errors you see shouldn't happen - I would open a case with Tech Support.

I'm very sorry you're experiencing this issues - even a Complete Noob shouldn't have to go through this.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
What browser and version are you using?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Francis, thank you very much. I will look into opening a case.

Matt, App Studio 8104 and IE 11

Thanks

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ok, I know I had issues with App Studio and running HTML, but I was using IE 8.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if 8.1.04 is certified with IE 11.

here's another thing that the "Canvas" cannot do - work with the latest version of the browsers.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, thank you both for the help. I'll keep working at it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no calendar control in InfoAssist right?

Guru
posted Hide Post
App Studio and the calendar control work fine for me in IE11. The calendar is HUGE though so I have to add this code to the onInitialUpdate function to make it a little smaller.

$(".ui-datepicker").css("font-size","7pt"); 

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
While it does work with IE11, you may have to be concerned with "Standards Mode" and "Transitional Mode"...

Take a look at Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Draven,

There was (still is?) a bug in AS HTML "Canvas" where there was no default date format set for new Calendar controls. This would give the same error message that you report.

The quick fix was to check the properties of the Calendar control and make sure it is set to the same date format as your data is in (ie YYMD or MDYY or DMYY).

Ad in answer to your question "First off, is there any way to have a calendar control in InfoAssist?"
Unfortunately not. InfoAssist currently doesn't allow you to set up HTML controls for parameters. This is something I would really like to see - and something that the Sales team forgets to mention.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Stu, that was it!!!
I set the default date format and the errors are now gone!
Thank you so much

And thank you to everyone who tried to help.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I think that the "bug" may be related to the system Region and Language Format as I've only seen it on my laptop - set to "English (Australia)" but not on the vmware images which are left at "English (United States)".

Glad you got it working

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post