Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Pass 2 Values for 1 selection HTML form

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Pass 2 Values for 1 selection HTML form
 Login/Join

posted
I have a report that is setup with a multiselect OR parameter. My challenge is, I would like the user to select 1 value, and that represent multiple values to pass to the report. So in this scenario I would like the user to select ABANDO and it pass ABAJO.MH and ABAJO.ZZ to the report. I am familiar and have had success configuring list boxes and parameters to have a display value and a return value but I cant figure out a way to pass two values in a way the report will accept it.

I have tried several scenarios with the following results.

DISPLAY VALUE RETURN VALUE TEST RESULT

ABANDO ABAJO.MH Works, Returns values for ABAJO.MH
ABANDO ABAJO.ZZ Works, Returns values for ABAJO.ZA
ABANDO 'ABAJO.MH' Error:MISSING QUOTE MARKS: ''ABAJO.MH''
ABANDO ABAJO.MH OR ABAJO.ZZ Doesnt return any records
ABANDO 'ABAJO.MH' OR 'ABAJO.ZZ' SYNTAX ERROR: WHERE PBR_COMBINED_VW.RVU_COMBINED_VW.PROVIDERID EQ &ProviderName.(OR()).ProviderName.;

I have several scenarios at my organization in which multiple values are collectively known as one thing - so a technique to accomplish this would be very, very helpful!

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.2, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2014 data warehouse

Posts: 18 | Location: Daytona Beach | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why not have your first selection where ABANDO is selected by the user and returned as parameter to another TABLE FILE that will select all ABAJO.MH, ABOJO.ZZ according to first selection which will become the parameter for your report ?

Something such as
-* THIS IS JUST TO HAVE A SELECTION MADE BY A 'USER'
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY AS 'SELPARM'
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&CNTRY.(FIND COUNTRY,COUNTRY IN car).Country.';
ON TABLE HOLD AS CNTRY FORMAT BINARY
END
-RUN
-READFILE CNTRY
-RUN

-* TO RETREIVE MULTIPLE VALUES BASED ON USER'S SELECTION
TABLE FILE CAR
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&SELPARM';
ON TABLE HOLD AS SELCAR FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

-* PRODUCE REPORT BASED ON MULTI SELECTION
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE CAR IN FILE 'SELCAR';
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Any pointers on how to do this through the GUI? I am going to attempt to do this through FOCUS code but we are trying to stick to GUI for supportability moving forward.

WebFOCUS 8.2, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2014 data warehouse

Posts: 18 | Location: Daytona Beach | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using the GUI ?
Can't figure out how to perform such thing...GUI as limitation...

Otherwise you will need more than one control and chain them together where first will select ABANDO then the second one will be filtered to display only values matching from ABANDO. This is how parent-child relationship works using GUI

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really have this
I would like the user to select ABANDO and it pass ABAJO.MH and ABAJO.ZZ to the report.

then it could just be contains vs eq in the where clause

You could set up something like this

defaulth whereeq = 'EQ';
and pass in whereeq = 'CONTAINS' in a hidden text box in the gui.