Focal Point
[SOLVED] Optional parameters in IA - how to force them to show

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5077083196

June 26, 2019, 03:36 PM
DWaybright
[SOLVED] Optional parameters in IA - how to force them to show
When I create a report in InfoAssist with an optional parameter, when I run the report, it doesn't prompt me for that parameter. Sometimes I may want to run it with a value in the parameter and sometimes not. How do I force it to show the parameter prompt? I'm sure there is a way to do this I just can't seem to remember/find it.

(NOTE: this is for reports created solely with InfoAssist, no manual coding.)

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
June 26, 2019, 03:50 PM
BabakNYC
In a purely InfoAssist environment, your only option is to uncheck Optional in the WHERE test. Alternatively, you could create a Designer Page, where Optional Parameters will be exposed in a very nice finished drop down with ALL as the default value.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
June 26, 2019, 04:03 PM
DWaybright
Just found it -- you have to right-click on the saved report name in the WebFOCUS home page. Open properties and choose the Advanced tab. There is an option near the bottom: "Prompt for Parameters". If that is checked, it will always prompt for parms even if they are optional.

That seems a weird place to put that but this is WebFOCUS! Wink

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
June 27, 2019, 10:58 AM
Hallway
quote:
That seems a weird place to put that but this is WebFOCUS!

#BecauseIBI

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

July 01, 2019, 08:57 AM
DWaybright
And what's more, if you make a change to the report, it resets that option so you have to go back and re-check the box! Mad

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs