Focal Point
[SOLVED, Not Dreaming] Multiple Graphs From One GRAPH FILE Command. . .am I dreaming?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5087051196

March 05, 2019, 04:14 PM
John_Edwards
[SOLVED, Not Dreaming] Multiple Graphs From One GRAPH FILE Command. . .am I dreaming?
I seem to recall that I was able to produce multiple graphs from a single GRAPH FILE command in the past, from judicious use of BY and ACROSS. HTML output. This would have been years back.

Am I just dreaming that? Don't hold back if I was. I seem to recall stumbling upon it and being pleasantly surprised.

I'm beginning the think I've forgotten more than I currently know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

March 05, 2019, 08:42 PM
Doug
Do you mean something like this?

Select 'Chart' then, add State to Rows (under Matrix), and Product in Columns, and Dollar Sales in Color, and Unit Sales in Size?

You can select Multi-Pies from the Other icon on the formatting tab.

Or what?
March 06, 2019, 04:41 AM
Addy
Hi John,
are you referring to using GRMERGE settings
If you set it to ON you will see one garph while the bellow code will generate multiple graphs.

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY CAR
ACROSS COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE OFF
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END 

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006
March 06, 2019, 07:59 AM
MartinY
Don't know which version you are using but looking starting page 143 may help :
Creating HTML5 Charts

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
March 06, 2019, 10:09 AM
John_Edwards
quote:
Originally posted by Addy:
Hi John,
are you referring to using GRMERGE settings
If you set it to ON you will see one graph while the below code will generate multiple graphs.

ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE OFF

BooYah! I'm buying the next round for Addy!

March 06, 2019, 10:16 AM
John_Edwards
I'll mention that I'm still getting an odd effect. This is a date driven report where I want to display each month as a separate graph (one bar per day). January works perfectly, starting January 1 and going through January 31. February starts on January 1 and shows no data for the first 31 bars, then shows February's days. March starts on January 1 and shows no data for the first 59 bars, then shows March's days.

So I need to figure out how to limit display to just the days shown in the month. But I'll work with that. Haven't gotten into debug mode on it yet. Edit -- Got it. Got rid of ACROSS and just used BYs, changed a few settings. Everything is trimmed up now.

Thank you Addy for reaffirming my sanity, I knew I remembered seeing multiple graphs from a single request in prior versions.

Thank you all!

March 07, 2019, 09:08 AM
Doug
I'll join you for that next round, and buy the one after that...

John: Where's 'The Mast'?
Addy: Will Popeye be there too?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
March 07, 2019, 10:55 AM
John_Edwards
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

Right where you would expect it, about midway between the Stern and the Bow.

I was a competitive sailor for years on the Chesapeake Bay, generally worked the mast. Occasionally I was on the Bow (I'm big and kinda klutzy so this is a bad thing, but I knew the job) or was sometimes in the Pit. But I was the first stringer at the mast.

It's odd how you're "on" the Bow, but "at" the Mast, or "in" the Pit. But there it is.

Home is just outside of Annapolis Maryland. I'll buy you a drink at Middleton's if you're up this way.

March 11, 2019, 09:20 AM
Doug
Thanks John, I (actually) knew where the mast would be. But didn't know, and thanks for, the details about your sailing experiences. I didn't do much, but, I was 'in the pit' / 'Gadget Man' on the Great South Bay of Long Island.
March 11, 2019, 09:33 AM
John_Edwards
Nice part of the world to sail. I did the 'Round Long Island race a couple of times back in the 90s.

March 12, 2019, 08:00 AM
Addy
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I'll join you for that next round, and buy the one after that...

Addy: Will Popeye be there too?

Oh Yes Popeye will be there with Sailor John.. the round after next to next is on me Smiler

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006